I learned something new today [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I learned something new today

Poultrygeist
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
For years I was under the impression that the digital outputs from a CD player would not work simultaneously with the analog outputs. At least that was the case with an Sony I had a few years back. Today I tried it with an Integra DVD player and was able to pass audio to two amps, one via optical and the other through RCA cables at the same time. Maybe I'm late to the party but I'm stoked to find this out.

This will positively impact my use of multiple amps sharing a single CDP to drive multiple speaker arrays.

Hyfi
09-15-2011, 03:20 AM
I have been doing that ever since adding a HT Receiver to my system. Both CDP and BDP go to both my main 2ch Pre and the HT.

Good find.

WalterS
09-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Right on, man - I have a similar setup. Def good find!

Poultrygeist
09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
I tried it again yesterday with my Sony CE595 and it only works with one output at a time. This may be because it's a multi-channel 5.1 surround CDP.

The ability to output digital and analog simultaneously means I can send the analog signal to the amp driving my upper range OB speakers while sending the digital signal to a DAC with analog outputs feeding my monoblock which have volume controls and power my OB bass drivers. Tri-amping in this fashion is a thing of beauty.