I figured out the secret to free concerts! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I figured out the secret to free concerts!

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
There's a club downtown that has become a very active concert venue. They run a lot of contests on their web site to win tickets to shows. In the last two months I've entered a few of those contests and won three times! I think they wait until a few days before the show and, depending on how ticket sales are going, depends on how many "winners" they have. Better to have a full house than an empty one. And you gotta figure that all those freebies are good for a few purchased beverages.

I won four ticket to Leon Russell. Two tickets to some Mystery Metal band show that, once they announced the bands we decided not to attend. And today I rec'd an email that I won two tickets so see Kyuss on Friday night. I'm not sure yet that I can go on Friday...I'll have to check with Hubby.

Unfortunately, there are no contests for the really good shows like Elbow or Iron & Wine. ...which helps confirm my theory that the contests are really just a guise to fill the house.

Whatever...I'll take a freebee anytime! :D

Finch Platte
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I saw Queensryche the other night.

I thank God it didn't cost me anything.

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2011, 11:19 AM
BarryL and I saw Queensryche about 10 years ago. They were okay. I'm not inspired to see them again.

Rae
09-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I guess "really good shows" is subjective! Having seen both Iron & Wine and Elbow in the early 2000s, I'd go for Leon Russell or even a Homme-less Kyuss 100 times out of 100.

~Rae

ForeverAutumn
09-14-2011, 03:01 PM
We saw Elbow open for Coldplay and they were excellent. I'm excited about seeing them headline.

Rae
09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I hope you have a great time!

~Rae

Stone
09-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Whew. Before I opened this thread I was wondering whether you'd be writing the next groupie book.

ForeverAutumn
09-15-2011, 05:06 AM
Whew. Before I opened this thread I was wondering whether you'd be writing the next groupie book.

LMAO! I think that ship sailed about 20 years and 30 pounds ago. :D

MasterCylinder
09-15-2011, 05:21 AM
I saw Queensryche the other night.

I thank God it didn't cost me anything.

LOL !................FLOL !

That guy's voice grates on me after a few songs.