Need RCA Adapter! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need RCA Adapter!

blackraven
09-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Does any one know where I can find a straight Female to Male RCA adapter?. All I can find are angled adapters. I want a pair to plug into the female RCA connectors of my new Dayton DTA-100a amp. When I conncected my audioquest IC's to the amp and then tried to remove them, the right conncetor pulled out of the back or the unit. So I want a pair of go between conncetors to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks,

Larry

gearhead
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Outside of making a Female to Male RCA cable by yourself, why not use an easily available female to female adapter coupled with a regular RCA male to RCA male cable ??

blackraven
09-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Outside of making a Female to Male RCA cable by yourself, why not use an easily available female to female adapter coupled with a regular RCA male to RCA male cable ??

I would need to connect a male to male coupler to the female jack of the amp and then connect a Female-Female coupler to that so I could connect the male end of my IC. It would work but I am trying to limit the connections. My best option may be to take the amp apart and see it I can replace the cheap RCA jacks with better ones.

I just found these- Buy.com - Ultralink RCA Y-Adapter (http://www.buy.com/prod/ultralink-y-audio-adapter-2-pack-1-x-rca-male-2-x-rca-female-gold/90131143.html)

They are really Y connectors but they look like you can plug into them in both the back end and the angled end.:22:

Hyfi
09-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I would need to connect a male to male coupler to the female jack of the amp and then connect a Female-Female coupler to that so I could connect the male end of my IC. It would work but I am trying to limit the connections. My best option may be to take the amp apart and see it I can replace the cheap RCA jacks with better ones.

I just found these- Buy.com - Ultralink RCA Y-Adapter (http://www.buy.com/prod/ultralink-y-audio-adapter-2-pack-1-x-rca-male-2-x-rca-female-gold/90131143.html)

They are really Y connectors but they look like you can plug into them in both the back end and the angled end.:22:

I have been using similar ones for a while. Put some foam under them since the weight and pressure of the cables will tug at the unit.

What about the flexible versions from Monster and Audioquest? Just only use one of the two connectors.

blackraven
09-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Hyfi, Thanks for the info. I think I will just order the Ultra link adpaters and be done with it.

Larry

Baniebs
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I just made on myself, it's fairly simple