Isn't She Pretty in Pink? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Isn't She Pretty in Pink?

Swish
09-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Caught the Furs and Tom Tom Club at the Chameleon Saturday night and we had a blast. The T.T. Club was a bit boring and played a little too long, but it was great seeing Tina Weymouth in her teal lamé cocktail dress, playing bass as good as ever at 61 years of age.

The Furs still got it and played some great stuff. This isn't my favorite song of theirs...far from it...but it's the only one I was able to find on video from the show.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/59-f7ff9zRw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/59-f7ff9zRw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

AliceWool
09-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Tina Weymouth is amazing there)))
And I like that song

Swish
09-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Tina Weymouth is amazing there)))
And I like that song

...and hello there, Alice Wool. Welcome aboard.

Jim Clark
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Furs rule. After your first post where you mentioned you had purchased tickets I checked to see if they were coming by KC. 'course not : (

You probably already have them, but Richard Butler's Love Spit Love records are worth owning too.

jc

Swish
09-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Furs rule. After your first post where you mentioned you had purchased tickets I checked to see if they were coming by KC. 'course not : (

You probably already have them, but Richard Butler's Love Spit Love records are worth owning too.

jc

...but both were pretty decent and, as you said, worth owning.

I did see Wilco is heading to K.C. if you're interested. The first show with the original lineup was really awesome, but with Nels Cline on guitar, the new lineup is more awesome. I'll be seeing them Sunday night with Nick Lowe as the opener. Life is good.

Jim Clark
09-21-2011, 07:30 AM
...but both were pretty decent and, as you said, worth owning.

I did see Wilco is heading to K.C. if you're interested. The first show with the original lineup was really awesome, but with Nels Cline on guitar, the new lineup is more awesome. I'll be seeing them Sunday night with Nick Lowe as the opener. Life is good.

I dunno, never really got into Wilco for some reason. Last show I caught was Bon Iver at the Uptown on the 9'th. I should get out more, like a wise man once said "Get off yer ass and go see somebody!" --Rae

jc

Smokey
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
The Psychedelic Furs IMO was very under rated group as they were one of better prog. rock band of the eighties. And their album Mirror Moves was their best :)

http://d.yimg.com/ec/image/v1/release/23761766;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultIma ge

unleasHell
09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Furs bring back some awesome memories for me, I actually bought their first album because it looked dark, gloomy and different. I was at the wherehouse and saw, never heard any songs by them, I was more adventuress back then I guess. Well I fell in love with that album and saw them play at the Whiskey or Roxy up in Hollywood during their very first US Tour. A year or so later when they were touring to support Talk, Talk, Talk, they played at the local Six Flags Amusement Park and we went and saw them play two shows there, believe it or not I still have a Furs shirt I bought there!

MindGoneHaywire
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
The Psychedelic Furs IMO was very under rated group as they were one of better prog. rock band of the eighties. And their album Mirror Moves was their best :)

http://d.yimg.com/ec/image/v1/release/23761766;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultIma ge

I haven't listened to Mirror Moves in probably 25 years, but given that assessment, I'm going to have to go back & give it another spin.

unleasHell
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Sister and Imitation of Christ still send shivers up my spine...!