Bose Controller Problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose Controller Problem

KlitCMDR
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
So I am setting up a kick ass office sound system. I had some older Bose Panaray 402 series II's and bought a few Sony 10' subs. A 2200W and a 1100W Technical DJ amp. The original idea was to run the subs from the 1100 and the Panaray's from the 2200. I have the Bose Panaray system Controller which was supposed to limit all my freq's to my amps and sound nice, but when I hook it up before my amp everything is quiet and sounds like crap. I have read the manual and screwed with all the settings but don't know what to do about it. Any ideas? Tricks? It is possible it is fried on the inside but there are no indications other than the sound output. Everything seems to be working (lights/buttons) Signal in/clip lights seem to be working normally and I do get sound out, but it is garbage.

N. Abstentia
09-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Firstly, it's illegal to use the term 'kickass' and 'Bose' in the same sentence!

But, I notice you are running 1100 watts into a Bose speaker which handles 240 watts. Very well could have fried something.

KlitCMDR
09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I know Bose is craptastic, but I am on a serious budget and going for loudness only

JohnMichael
09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
You have been posting about problems with these speakers and your set-up since February and it does not read like it has ever worked. Time to start over.

SlumpBuster
09-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah. Start over. Even on a serious budget you can do better. You're not just going for loudness, despite what you think. Loud and crappy is not fun to listen to and will drive you out of the room.

Your better off going to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and getting some older box speakers with 10 or 12 inch woofers. Those are easily found for $40.

Something like this:Technics 3Way Floor Speakers Mdl SB-K40 **VINTAGE** | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-3Way-Floor-Speakers-Mdl-SB-K40-VINTAGE-/290605300865?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43a96cfc81#ht_500wt_1202)

markw
09-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Individual components of integrated Bose systems don't play well with others. They are better at playing with themselves. In this quest, that's basically what you're doing.

JohnMichael
09-04-2011, 09:26 AM
individual components of integrated bose systems don't play well with others. They are better at playing with themselves. In this quest, that's basically what you're doing.

rotflmao.