Manly Recipes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Manly Recipes

RoyY51
08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Summer's in full flight, and I thought it might be fun for the Manly Men (and Woman) of this forum to post their favorite Macho recipes. These could be anything from Firehouse Chili to beer-marinated brats. So, everyone break out the antacid and share your hairy-chested concoctions with the rest of us neanderthals.

I'll go first:

TENNESSEE PICKLED EGGS

This recipe has been in my family for many generations. I would be honored to have it passed on to anyone who enjoys a true Southern delicacy.

2 dozen hard-boiled eggs, shelled
3 cups white vinegar
1 cup dry Sherry
2 tsps brown sugar
3 tsps Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 Tbls coarse ground pepper
1 pint bottled hot yellow peppers with juice
Sliced jalapeno peppers to taste
1 15 oz. can sliced pickled beets with juice
6 Tbls hot sauce (Louisiana style, Frank's, Durkee's or your favorite)
1 red onion, sliced
Liberal dashes of Worcestershire sauce
4 bay leaves

Combine all ingredients in a 1 gallon, airtight plastic or glass container. I usually layer all ingredients to make sure that the eggs are marinated equally.

Here's the hard part: Refrigerate UNOPENED for at least 1 week, turning upside down every couple of days. Maximum Pucker Potency will be achieved in 3 weeks. Don't worry about how long they'll keep...they won't be around long enough to worry about it.

Enjoy!

JohnMichael
08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
While Tanqueray is chilling pour dry vermouth in glass and spin out. Pour in chilled Tanqueray. Garnish with olives and serve.

RoyY51
08-26-2011, 06:03 PM
A TRULY manly recipe! Thanks, JM!

ForeverAutumn
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Summer's in full flight, and I thought it might be fun for the Manly Men (and Woman) of this forum to post their favorite Macho recipes. These could be anything from Firehouse Chili to beer-marinated brats. So, everyone break out the antacid and share your hairy-chested concoctions with the rest of us neanderthals.

I avoid recipes that will put hair on my chest. Somehow it's just not as sexy on me.

:biggrin5:

dean_martin
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
some kind of un-named Creole-like concoction:

canned tomatoes (1 large or 2 small)
1 bell pepper-sliced
1/2 yellow onion-chopped
cumin to taste
ginger to taste
celery salt to taste
black pepper to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
couple splashes of the beer you're drinking while cooking

I usually start with the peppers and onions in a pan with a little olive oil and add other ingredients as peppers get to desired texture. Add choice of pork cooked separately (1 lb.) and let simmer. I usually make this with Conecuh sausage and serve with rice and biscuits or french bread. Tonight I'm going to try it with the pork chops I grilled yesterday.

My Polish roommate taught me this back in the day when none of us had money:

2 cans store brand sliced white potatoes (5 for a dollar or less back in the day)
2 small cans shredded sauer kraut (these days you can just get 1 large jar)
1 lb polska kielbasa

pour potatoes and kraut evenly in glass dish. Position kielbasa in dish. Cover dish with foil (or don't, if you can't afford foil). Bake on 350 for 35 to 45 minutes. Cheap. Simple. Good.