Weird DVD player issue with the remote... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weird DVD player issue with the remote...

RGA
08-26-2011, 10:02 AM
I have an old - at least 7 year old Aspire DVD player I bought at Future Shop back then for $50. Still works great.

However we also have a Sony DVD player hooked up. When I run the Sony remote - the Aspire will turn on. So the power button runs both - that's no big deal.

Moved the Aspire in the second room with an Insignia LCD and the Insignia TV remote also controls the Apsire - but does much more annoying things. I push 4 the dvd player turns on. Push 0 and the disc tray opens. Push the volume up button and the Aspire skips to next track.

It's kind of funny but is there some way to change the DVD's signal reception - or am I stuck with the Gremlin in the machine?

kelsci
08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I think this all has to do with the codes that are used in the remotes/hardware that appear to overlap when the devices are manufacutured without "proper care" as to what codes to use for specific purposes. I know some time back my brother had a yamaha cd player whose codes turned on a particular receiver or visa versa. On some Sony vhs machines in the past, the remotes could be set up for a different code to avoid this conflict. I believe that unless the manufacturer does a similar thingy, I think you are stuck with the "gremlin". Perhaps one of the other members of this forum has a solution and hopefully chimes in to help you.