iPod idea... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : iPod idea...

ForeverAutumn
08-25-2011, 10:39 AM
When I listen on shuffle sometimes a song comes on and I decide I want to hear the album. Wouldn't it be cool if you could just hit the centre button (or another button) and be taken automatically to the album of the song currently playing?

With hundreds of albums on my Classic, it would make the process of finding the album so much simpler.

Mr MidFi
08-26-2011, 05:48 AM
I like it. I've had plenty of ideas for them that don't seem like they'd be hard to code. Like shuffling from the bottom-up in terms of 'last played', so the ones you haven't heard in months play first. Or a 'two-fer' shuffle mode. Or 'concert mode' that shuffles tracks from one artist at a time.

Now that Steve Jobs is stepping down, maybe they need some Idea People like us!

Jack in Wilmington
08-26-2011, 06:04 AM
I like it. I've had plenty of ideas for them that don't seem like they'd be hard to code. Like shuffling from the bottom-up in terms of 'last played', so the ones you haven't heard in months play first. Or a 'two-fer' shuffle mode. Or 'concert mode' that shuffles tracks from one artist at a time.

Now that Steve Jobs is stepping down, maybe they need some Idea People like us!

I'm sure you would do a great job as his predecessor, but I don't think you would like the cut in pay. Ha Ha

Ex Lion Tamer
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Score one for Android. I listen using dbpoweramp on my Android phone and can do exactly what you describe, but there is one additional step - I have to hit the shuffle button once to shuffle songs on the album in questions, twice to play the album without shuffling.