Budget slim speakers for wall [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Budget slim speakers for wall

frankaai
08-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Hi guys i need two front slim speakers for my wall, anyone know of any budget ones avail? any info would be great thanks :biggrin5:

here is a photo of my living room at the min i have 7.1 creative surround sound linked to my laptop, cheap and cheerful :22:[IMG]

LeRoy
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
What is your budget and what is your expectation for sound quality?

Poultrygeist
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm also a believer in cheap and cheerful and the "ultra cheapest recession busting" decent sounding speakers may be these at $29 a pair. They have many good reviews although one of our members here is not so enthralled with them. You can place them on some easy DIY TNT Stubbies and save even more. The Stubbies will blend well with your modern decor. Nice balanced room you have my friend.

Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-652)

Enochrome
09-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Daytons are a good choice and they're so cheap that you can paint them for decor matching and not feel guilty.

If that is not cool, what about Magnepan MMG W's? Great reviews, are flat against the wall and look like they would work in that space while being discreet. I think if you are sticking to home theatre mostly, then discrete is mo better IMHO. Just some thoughts.

Oh, and for satellites ( or mains if you don't care about bass too much) Pioneer has small bookshelf's that just came out, made the cover of Stereophile magazine and you can buy them at Best Buy for between $100 - $150.

StevenSurprenant
09-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Since you didn't mention a price...

I second the maggies although they will cost about $1,000 for a complete surround system. However, I suggest that you get the MC1's for the main speaker which is more money (of course)

Another option is to get the MMGC (center - about $300) and the MC1 (main - about $750) and use the speakers that you now have for the rear.

Why Magnepan? They create a wall of sound which is very addictive.

I've included a picture of mine during it's earlier stages. I have foam along the edges of the wall, in case you were wondering what it was.

2low2rl
09-15-2011, 10:04 PM
very nice setups

StevenSurprenant
09-16-2011, 06:25 AM
very nice setups

Thanks.

I think Franks setup has great potential with a little color added to the room. I love how clean and uncluttered it looks.