Sierra-1 Opinions? Vs. Hsu Enthusiast 2? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sierra-1 Opinions? Vs. Hsu Enthusiast 2?

ericc22
08-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Greetings,

I am planning on buying an Onkyo 809 and a Hsu HTF-1 subwoofer.

I plan to buy the Sierra-1s for front and center and the Ascend HTFs for rears.

Opinions on this?

The other speaker I am considering at this point is the Hsu Enthusiast 2.

I had been planning to purchase the Monitor RX1 but I prefer to buy direct and believe I'll get greater value this way.

All feedback is most appreciated!

Eric

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Greetings,

I am planning on buying an Onkyo 809 and a Hsu HTF-1 subwoofer.

I plan to buy the Sierra-1s for front and center and the Ascend HTFs for rears.

Opinions on this?

The other speaker I am considering at this point is the Hsu Enthusiast 2.

I had been planning to purchase the Monitor RX1 but I prefer to buy direct and believe I'll get greater value this way.

All feedback is most appreciated!

Eric

Eric, you are better off buying all of your speakers from the same manufacturer, and the HSU Enthusiast 2 is a good speaker package.

ericc22
08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
The Sierra-1 people - Ascend - recommended the Hsu subwoofer.

Can anyone help with this - how do I go about comparing the Hsu Enthusiast 2 to the Sierra-1s? Anyone heard both that can help? Or what can I do to understand the differences even from the specs?

Thanks!

Eric

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-23-2011, 12:34 PM
The Sierra-1 people - Ascend - recommended the Hsu subwoofer.

Can anyone help with this - how do I go about comparing the Hsu Enthusiast 2 to the Sierra-1s? Anyone heard both that can help? Or what can I do to understand the differences even from the specs?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric, both company's offer a money back guarantee, so why not just audition both in your own listening room?

It is terribly difficult to ascertain sound quality based on someone else's opinion. Almost everyone has different audio taste, and no one can tell you what sounds good,and what does not.

atomicAdam
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
If David at Ascend recommended that sub than I'd say it most likely is a good sonic match.

I've not heard the Hsu speakers you are speaking so I can't make a comment. What are you going to use for center channel?

I liked the Ascend speakers I had in for review. I thought the finish was out of this world.