Picked up a new dread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new dread

elapsed
08-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Always felt bad for selling my first acoustic back in 99, and I pawned off my Fender Strat last year as my electric days are behind me. But I've been really wanting a new acoustic. And with a baby coming in December I need to sneak in any new purchases while I still can

So yesterday I dropped by Long & McQuade to get a feel for some guitars.. tried Larrivee, Martin, Taylor. Wasn't planning on buying anything right away, but I fell in love with a Taylor DN3 dreadnought, just kept coming back to her, everything felt right, picked her up

Only strange thing is it doesn't have a pickguard, but it looks really clean.. what do you think, would you order a tortoise pickguard or keep her naked?

cheers,
elapsed

http://www.altomusic.com/shop/images/product/dn3-4cf8b07cdf7a17a8f7d5e586a1e95358.jpg

Worf101
08-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Unless you want to wear a hole in her like Wille Nelson I'd say a pickguard is in order... They wouldn't make em if'n folks didn't need em. LOL.

Worf

elapsed
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I contemplated back and forth for a few days, and tried a clear pickguard as well, but it just took away from the beautiful wood finish. Decided to keep her naked.. I don't play the guitar too rough in any case, I think this dread looks unique without a pickguard

cheers,
elapsed