Got a pair of Martin Logan Aeon i SWEET !! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Got a pair of Martin Logan Aeon i SWEET !!

dwayne.aycock
08-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Was in the high end shop today when I came across a pair of Martin Logan AEON i. Got them for $1000. I know this is no great news, but what if they were brand new.... still in the factory packaging? Salesman said he forgot that he had them in the warehouse. Looks like the manufacture date is February 2007. 4 years old is not old when it comes to speakers, and if they are brand new in the box, time seems to stand still. He wanted more for them, but I managed to talk him down. Have a pair of ROTEL amps in my 2 channel listening room. Will take about a week or so to break them in. Replacing my mirage OM 5 with the MLs.:6::cornut:

Feanor
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Was in the high end shop today when I came across a pair of Martin Logan AEON i. Got them for $1000. I know this is no great news, but what if they were brand new.... still in the factory packaging? Salesman said he forgot that he had them in the warehouse. Looks like the manufacture date is February 2007. 4 years old is not old when it comes to speakers, and if they are brand new in the box, time seems to stand still. He wanted more for them, but I managed to talk him down. Have a pair of ROTEL amps in my 2 channel listening room. Will take about a week or so to break them in. Replacing my mirage OM 5 with the MLs.:6::cornut:
Nice! they sound like a good deal for an even grand. Enjoy!

Jack in Wilmington
08-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Sweet deal. Looks like they were selling for $3395 a pair when they were discontinued. What Rotel amps will you be using with them?

LeRoy
08-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Good find. I don't recall the Aeon specifically but the ML line of speaker are quite a musical treat when partnered correctly. I hope you enjoy your new ML's for a long time! Happy listening.

JoeE SP9
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
A rousing welcome to the world of esl's.

dwayne.aycock
08-21-2011, 04:25 AM
I am running them with a ROTEL RB 1582 amp and tributaries speaker cables and interconnects. In my 2 channel room, I listen mostly to vinyl, because I like the warmth of vinyl as opposed the the compression of digital. My Mirages were good for 2 channel, but were lacking in the mid and upper frequencies. The airy nature of the mirages made them better suited for HT applications. Will let you know more about the MLs once I have broken them in.

2low2rl
09-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Very nice come up. congrats man.

bobsticks
09-16-2011, 04:45 AM
Congratulations Dwayne, on both the find and the good deal. What a bargain!

Panels are fun, giving one a different presentation of the music and presenting different challenges with room and system integration. Bask in the moment. Enjoy, sir!

JoeE SP9
09-16-2011, 07:22 AM
So da, what's the verdict on the ML's?