I saw Iceage [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I saw Iceage

Rae
08-16-2011, 06:02 PM
A few weeks ago... I've been on vacation or I'd've posted about it sooner. Supposedly jonnyhambone was there but yet again I didn't meet him.

The show was bonkers. Things are a little blurry but man was it fun. These kids look about 17 years old and they're punk as ****. The lead singer/guitarist broke his guitar strap a few seconds into the first song and just played strapless for the first half of their set, swinging his guitar around like a madman. They had a howling energy that obscured how tight they actually were as a band. At some point I was overcome and just started bouncing around with the folks in the pit, that was a blast. My friend sharyn took some decent pictures which are on her flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharynmorrow/sets/72157627241240933/), if you're interested (including a few that show me under the persuasion of perhaps one too many whisky-gingers)...

The record that they put out is decent but seeing these kids live really made it make sense for me.

~Rae

jonnyhambone
08-17-2011, 09:57 AM
yep - pretty awesome show. For how bratty/young they were and simple the music was, they just blew away the other bands - like you said, musically tight and great energy. I also thought it was pretty funny that they came all the way from Denmark and their show was over in like 25 minutes - kicked out all the songs they knew aannd, done. I really like their album too - one of my faves of the year so far.
btw, I was going to send you a dm about going but I'd been banned from the site...guess they fixed that. Sometime beers will be quaffed. You go to the Brute Heart, Birthday Suits, Bombay Sweets, Blind Shake (Michael Yonkers) show last week? - also a great one!

Rae
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
You go to the Brute Heart, Birthday Suits, Bombay Sweets, Blind Shake (Michael Yonkers) show last week? - also a great one!

Nah, I was in California... but we'll meet up one of these days. You going to see Swans in September? Or Bill Orcutt next weekend?

~Rae

Finch Platte
08-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Some pretty good pics in that set- nice!