America and freedom [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : America and freedom

RGA
08-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Seems odd there is a double standard here - regardless whether you're pro gay marriage or not. I never understand why there can't be a compassionate clause in some of these black and white laws.

Barred from U.S. (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/barred-from-u-s-26254680.html)

Edited due to title being for a different topic.

nobody
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
It's ridiculous. People need to learn to mind their own business and stop cramming their morality down everyone's throat.

JohnMichael
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Seperation of Church and State. We need that in this country. Now that we have Michele, pray away the gay, Bachman and Perry holding prayer meetings to fix the country it is getting pretty frightening. We scream and shout when another country is taken over by a religious leader but we think nothing of our leaders forcing their christian agenda down everyones throats.

Pat D
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Of course, the whole thing is ridiculous. I have defended gay rights for publicly for a couple of decades and I defended same sex marriage in Canada.

On the other hand, as a practical matter, they should have foreseen the problems and tried to find some way around the difficulties. If they had gotten legal advice, surely that would have pointed out the difficulties. We do not live in an ideal world, and while working to change unjust laws and restrictions, we still have to cope with them as best we can in the meantime.