Yes - Fly From Here [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yes - Fly From Here

Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
08-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Any one else pick this up? I am playing this disk a lot since I got it.
All due respect to Jon Anderson, (who is not on this release), but this sounds really fresh without him. Benoit David, (singer with a range similar to Anderson), seems to energize the rest of the band, (Howe, Squire, Downes, White). Howe's guitar playing is front and center.
Give this a listen if you have the chance.

Finch Platte
08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
http://forums.audioreview.com/rave-recordings/so-i-see-yes-has-new-disc-out-36896.html <----- wow, that was automatically made a link. Too bad they don't make it a more obvious different color so we kinda know it's a link, ya know? :rolleyes:

And there's another post by 3LockBox around with more info.

3LB
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I like it. Great production from Trevor Horn. Geoff Downes (keys) and Chris Squire (bass) are solid. Alan White is near to non-existent. Benoit David does himself a service not trying to ape Jon Anderson (instead recalls a young Horn). So, not surprisingly this album is reminiscent of Drama from 1980. The best surprise here is that finally, after a decade of neglect, Howe is back in his rightful place on a Yes record - up front. While I miss Anderson's vocals, I don't miss his cod-mysticism and sappy lyrics. This album doesn't exist with Anderson's involvement.