I Was Banned [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I Was Banned

MasterCylinder
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
When I logged in to this site this morning, I got a message that told me I had been banned.
There was also an expiration of the ban, "never"..........and the reason for the ban, "none".

Sadly, even though I had done nothing to deserve the ban, I shrugged it off and thought it was OK because this board is so dead, it wouldn't really make that much difference.

So now, after lunch, I find out I'm not banned and, I was right..........not much difference.

Feanor
08-05-2011, 11:06 AM
When I logged in to this site this morning, I got a message that told me I had been banned.
There was also an expiration of the ban, "never"..........and the reason for the ban, "none".

Sadly, even though I had done nothing to deserve the ban, I shrugged it off and thought it was OK because this board is so dead, it wouldn't really make that much difference.

So now, after lunch, I find out I'm not banned and, I was right..........not much difference.
Don't feel too bad, though. Happened to me too.

ForeverAutumn
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Apparently 3LB had the same problem.

My problem was that all the forum names were from the digital camera site. It was weird.

There are some strange things going on here. Hopefully it's all been resolved now.

Luvin Da Blues
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Apparently 3LB had the same problem.

My problem was that all the forum names were from the digital camera site. It was weird.

There are some strange things going on here. Hopefully it's all been resolved now.

Me also, had both issues yesterday.

dean_martin
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
ditto

Hyfi
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I was banned last night but now I'm back. Still can't view a sticky tho.

MindGoneHaywire
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I should still be banned.

I'd ban me.

Stone
08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
What are these "Like" links in every post? Is there a way to shut them off?

dean_martin
08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
What are these "Like" links in every post? Is there a way to shut them off?

I didn't get a "like" in my "ditto" post. I must be under a partial ban or on probation or something.

Woochifer
08-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Yep, I got banned too. But, here I am posting #6,665. I guess they were trying to stop armageddon when my next post gets logged ... TOO LATE :devil:

Demetrio
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Another banned here. It happened twice with me: yesterday and today.

I was afraid I would never "see" you guys again...

Regards,
Demetrio.

atomicAdam
08-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I posted a note yesterday and thread to make comments in - please read more on the site than just RR forum and post issues in site feedback.

markw
08-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I didn't get a "like" in my "ditto" post. I must be under a partial ban or on probation or something.Seriously, you don't get to see (or use) this option in ones own posts.

You can only "like" another person. Otherwise, it would get even more creepy here.

dean_martin
08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Seriously, you don't get to see (or use) this option in ones own posts.

You can only "like" another person. Otherwise, it would get even more creepy here.

makes sense now that you mention it and thank god I can stop trying now.

unleasHell
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
I wonder if Yech is still banned?

Hyfi
08-06-2011, 05:23 AM
I wonder if Yech is still banned?

I think the next time Spanky posts, we should unleashYECH!

JohnMichael
08-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Unleash Yech and Wooch is trying to unleash Hell with his 6666 post. I am just hoping they do not unleash any more system updates.

GMichael
08-06-2011, 06:11 AM
No ban, or like here yet. Maybe I slipped under the radar.

JohnMichael
08-06-2011, 08:16 AM
No ban, or like here yet. Maybe I slipped under the radar.

I see a like in your post.

3LB
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
What, we can't like are our own posts? WTF?
first, we can't give ourselves rep points and now this?

Why isn't there an 'dislike' choice?

How many rep points is a 'like' worth?

Is the board gonna track how many 'likes' one gets?

JohnMichael
08-06-2011, 09:08 AM
What, we can't like are our own posts? WTF?
first, we can't give ourselves rep points and now this?

Why isn't there an 'dislike' choice?

How many rep points is a 'like' worth?

Is the board gonna track how many 'likes' one gets?

I think the Like is for AR on Facebook.

GMichael
08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I see a like in your post.

Do you mean because I typed the word like, or a useless link that just brings me back to the same page?

atomicAdam
08-06-2011, 06:07 PM
actually the like was tobe removed. but i believe the like in the post are to bubble up good threads. but like i said, most likely it will be removed this coming week.

Poultrygeist
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I got the message that I was banned. Figured someone hated me for liking single ended amps and full range drivers.

atomicAdam
08-29-2011, 07:36 AM
When did you get the message?

bobsticks
08-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I've been trying to ban myself just to feel like part of the gang.

JohnMichael
08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
I was banned in Boston.

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm just a singer (in a rock and roll banned). :10:

:20:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I was banned in Boston.

And we know why! LOL

I was banned too. I thought Adam got mad at me and didn't want to see me posting for a while. I was banned for three days, and was surprised because the length of the ban was supposed to be forever.

Now that I know all of us were banned, I feel like I am in good company.

I raise my glass to celebrate audioreview's version of "The Banned". Cheers everybody!!!

Now on to my question. AAADDDDAAAAMMMM, why does a new pane open when I click on the forums? It never did that before. I am sooooooo confused........

09-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Wow, no answer to my question. Where is the ding dong feedback!!

atomicAdam
09-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi STtT -

Sorry I've been working on other projects for the past week. I've hardly even had a chance to touch AudioReview and unfortunately the work I did the week before got undone in an SVN update. But good news is we are getting a new (and modern, nice looking) site design. Those of you who follow AudioReview on FaceBook got a sneak peak.

Anyways - what do you mean in a new pane? You mean a new window? That doesn't happen for me. Can you explain more? Thanks,

09-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi STtT -

Sorry I've been working on other projects for the past week. I've hardly even had a chance to touch AudioReview and unfortunately the work I did the week before got undone in an SVN update. But good news is we are getting a new (and modern, nice looking) site design. Those of you who follow AudioReview on FaceBook got a sneak peak.

Anyways - what do you mean in a new pane? You mean a new window? That doesn't happen for me. Can you explain more? Thanks,

Adam, when I click on the forums on the front page, and new window opens up, and now I have two tabs open for audioreview. One I can post on, and the other just the front page sitting there. This just started happening recently.

bobsticks
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Adam, when I click on the forums on the front page, and new window opens up, and now I have two tabs open for audioreview. One I can post on, and the other just the front page sitting there. This just started happening recently.

T-daddy., check your browser settings. That's not happening at the site. I just accessed AR on all five computers in my home and experienced nothing like what you described.

Robert-The-Rambler
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
T-daddy., check your browser settings. That's not happening at the site. I just accessed AR on all five computers in my home and experienced nothing like what you described.

I didn't change anything. So far I know it is doing it on two different PCs across different operating systems using IE9 in Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

atomicAdam
09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
STtT -

I think I have to agree with bob - It might be a setting on your browser. What OS are you using, what browser?

I checked the HTML and the .css and nothing I can tell is telling the browser to open to a new 'target'.

atomicAdam
09-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok - I'll check around some more. What browser are you guys using?

09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I didn't change anything. So far I know it is doing it on two different PCs across different operating systems using IE9 in Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

I didn't change anything either, and it is doing this on my computers at Disney, at my post production studio, and at home on all of my computers.

Me scratches bald head...ah dang I left a mark!

09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok - I'll check around some more. What browser are you guys using?

Chrome and the lastest version of IE. Does it on both browsers.

atomicAdam
09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Weird - no had that issue at all and can't see a reason for it in the code. I'll talk to IT today.

09-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Weird - no had that issue at all and can't see a reason for it in the code. I'll talk to IT today.

Your discussion with IT (if you have done it already) cured the problem. I no longer get the extra window opening when I click on the forums.

Thanks Adam, I appreciate your work buddy!

atomicAdam
09-15-2011, 11:14 AM
You are kidding, right? Cause we haven't moved on that issue yet. Oi computers are fun!

Robert-The-Rambler
09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
You are kidding, right? Cause we haven't moved on that issue yet. Oi computers are fun!

It was the Gremlins. Watch out for those nasty little buggers.

frenchmon
09-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Well a while back when the "banned" started happening, I got banned. It said for no reason and the ban would never be lifted. I immediately thought to my self..."wow, some one banned me just like they banned Peabody and I thought it was because he and I where friends".

09-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Well a while back when the "banned" started happening, I got banned. It said for no reason and the ban would never be lifted. I immediately thought to my self..."wow, some one banned me just like they banned Peabody and I thought it was because he and I where friends".

Peabody is banned???? I dent know that. How sad, he was fun :yesnod: :devil:

JohnMichael
09-17-2011, 05:49 PM

I checked and Mr. Peabody is not banned. If he was I did not know it. The site said he visited today at 10:08am.

09-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I checked and Mr. Peabody is not banned. If he was I did not know it. The site said he visited today at 10:08am.

Thanks for that info JM, I was afraid I wasn't going to have any fun around here.

atomicAdam
09-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Mr. Peabody wasn't banned - he has been having access issues since he got a new ISP.