Forum Upgrade 8/2/2011 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade 8/2/2011

vlad008
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Please post issues here - We'll start the upgrade about 2pm PST.

ForeverAutumn
08-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Adam,
I can access your sticky from the Rave Recs forum, but if I try to access it from the New Posts section I get a message saying that I don't have access to that part of the forum, or something like that. It was like that before 2:00pm and is still like that.

FA

atomicAdam
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
OK Thanks

-adam

Feanor
08-04-2011, 03:50 AM
I use 'Hybrid' mode which has generally worked well for me. But for the last few days I notice that the upper panel that show the thread, i.e. indented list of posts, doesn't populate properly.

The thread panel is typically blank when I first do to a thread. However if there is a page 2 and I go to it, the panel then populates; if I go back to page 1 that usually populates.

atomicAdam
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
What OS and browser are you using?

I'm noticing in Chrome a page refresh about a 30 seconds to a minute or so afte the page finishes loading. Not doing anything but reading post and the page will refresh. You notice this?

Actually the population issue in that box just happened to me.

Think I've traced the refresh issue in hybrid mode and chrome down to the Google Ads refreshing. They seem to refresh the whole page.

Actually it appears to be happening even while not in hybrid mode.

atomicAdam
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Anyone experiencing an automatic refresh on the forums today?

about 30 seconds to 2 min apart?

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not. But earlier today when I tried to get onto AR my saved link took me to the Digital Camera forum. It was like waking up in Oz. Very strange.

atomicAdam
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes - that bug should be fixed now.

Feanor
08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
What OS and browser are you using?

I'm noticing in Chrome a page refresh about a 30 seconds to a minute or so afte the page finishes loading. Not doing anything but reading post and the page will refresh. You notice this?

Actually the population issue in that box just happened to me.

Think I've traced the refresh issue in hybrid mode and chrome down to the Google Ads refreshing. They seem to refresh the whole page.

Actually it appears to be happening even while not in hybrid mode.
I'm using IE 9.0.1 and still having the problem.

3LB
08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm having issues from my smart phone. Two days ago, I tried to post something and I kept getting the "your post does not contain enough characters" error message. Then yesterday I got a message that read: You have been banned; Reason - not given; Ban will be lifted - never. Today I got the first error message again.

My phone worked great on AR before.

ForeverAutumn
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
What's the deal with the "Like" bullet at the end of each post?

atomicAdam
08-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I think IT is still experimenting with vbSEO settings. It will go away soon.

3LB
08-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I want a 'dislike' option