Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Marvin Gaye v. Sly & The Family Stone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Marvin Gaye v. Sly & The Family Stone

mad rhetorik
04-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Match 2, Funk/R&B Division (Mini-Shootout): <b>Marvin Gaye v. Sly & The Family Stone</b>

Polls close 4/16.

DariusNYC
04-14-2004, 07:03 AM
This was really tough. I finally went with Sly based on the pure concept of "favorites", ignoring who I thought was "greatest". I simply like a bit more of what Sly and the Family Stone have done, even though they've never made anything as great as What's Going On.

D-DAY
04-15-2004, 10:18 AM
This whole post is stupid. You are wasting our time and your own by doing polls that no one cares about! It is obvious you have no clue what you are talking about and maybe you should get a life.

mad rhetorik
04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
This whole post is stupid. You are wasting our time and your own by doing polls that no one cares about! It is obvious you have no clue what you are talking about and maybe you should get a life.

Obviously <b>you</b> care, otherwise you wouldn't have posted anything. Troll.

Rave Reccers are obviously participating in the polls, as the results show. If Chris (the site admin in case you didn't know, fu<a>ckstick) or regular members of the board tell me they don't want any more polls, then so be it. But it seems like they are interested in participating. So far you are the only person raising an objection.

Nice way to start off on Rave Recs cluebie.

D-DAY
04-15-2004, 10:38 AM
No need to get angry. Obviously you just don't have very much education and so you have to lash out at me for being truthful but I am not offended by your harsh and ignorant words. Just get a clue about music and you should be fine until then have a nice day ignorant peon.

Troy
04-15-2004, 12:41 PM
No need to get angry. Obviously you just don't have very much education and so you have to lash out at me for being truthful but I am not offended by your harsh and ignorant words. Just get a clue about music and you should be fine until then have a nice day ignorant peon.

Hey look! Someone to try the ignore feature with. Have a nice D, day.

Worf101
04-15-2004, 06:00 PM
I say Sly & the Family live at Madison Square Garden in 1970 post Woodstock. Amazing. Never saw Marvin but sure wanted to. Both men had demons, both men wrote amazing music. Both were significant Marvin for Motown's first "concept" album and my vote for greatest album of all time... "What's Going On?". Sly was one of the first interacial Funk Rock Bands and helped added some needed soul to the mix. While Sly eventually gave into heroin, Marvin eventually conqured it and produced his last great album shortly before his death... Midnight Love.... I have to give the nod to Marvin for being able to shout down at least one demon in his life...

Da Worfster

mad rhetorik
04-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Marvin Gaye and Sly And The Family Stone each have 6 votes. However, Worf's explanation of why he chose Gaye was just enough for me to put it over the top. <b>Marvin Gaye</b> is the winner of this match.