Hey Davey.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Davey....

Slosh
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Click here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2956428/Our%20Blood.zip)

Davey
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Yea, mentioned it was coming when I updated my Smoke from a Lithium Dream thread awhile back, but haven't heard more than one song yet. Saw that it was streaming on NPR the other day, but didn't listen since I already had it pre-ordered. Do you have it yet? Not supposed to be released until the 2nd, I think. Sometimes the downloads are early, though. This is on Merge, so gets both CD and LP this time. Based on the hard luck back-story and the mp3 opener, not expecting a sonic marvel, but any Buckner is good Buckner to me. He's touring with David Kilgour for the next couple months (at least on my leg of the tour), since they are label mates and all. kind of an odd combo, but I do like them both a lot.

Rae
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
The first Buckner to be issued on vinyl, if you can believe that.

I'm seeing him on Sunday here in Minneapolis (maybe a certain Mr. hambone will also be in attendance...?) but no Kilgour on my date. Excited for it nonetheless!

~Rae

jonnyhambone
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
alas, no. I'll be camping up on Lake Mille Lacs with the fam. and friends though so it's all good on the fun-front! I'm giving a pre-listen to this one tonite (thanx Slosh-y) and am likely going to go vinyl for it. Nice to hear something new from Mr. Buckner - Bloomed has been in heavy rotation this summer so far...

on a barely related note, I'll be at the iceage show at Triple Rock on Thurs. Should be fun - a very young, fun band that mines some punk-y Joy Division-esque atmosphere on their debut from a few months ago...one of my fave releases this year
"bunch o' no-good kids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0K3IOsIQc&feature=related)"
- ol' man Hambone

Slosh
07-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Do you have it yet? Not supposed to be released until the 2nd, I think. Sometimes the downloads are early, though. This is on Merge, so gets both CD and LP this time.No, this is a V0 preview. Sounds pretty good to me on my iPod (haven't play it through the stereo yet). I like it and will be getting the CD or LP on Tuesday.

Davey
07-29-2011, 06:31 AM
No, this is a V0 preview.

Ya know, it's funny but I didn't even see the link in your post. I thought it was just a picture, and I'm thinking that's not much content for a thread starter :)

He's pretty much auto-buy for me these days so I don't need a preview, but thanks for the post. I've been on kind of a Buckner mood lately and spending a lot of the time with the amazing 90s trilogy, Bloomed, Devotion and Still.

Got some June of 44 playing right now from Four Great Points and sounding pretty nice on a Friday morning. Always liked this record, and I do have the LP, but CD rip playing now.

Rae
07-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, I haven't thought about Four Great Points in a while. Maybe I'll pull my copy out as well. "Of Information & Belief" is a prime cut.

I'ma be at that Iceage show! I've heard a lot of hype about them so I'm looking forward to it.

Six Organs of Admittance in the Entry the day before, too... big week for touring shows.

After that I'm getting on a train headed for the bay area for two weeks... vacation time!

~Rae

Swish
07-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Click here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2956428/Our%20Blood.zip)

This is an automatic purchase for me, but I was wondering how you liked it as compared to his past work. Any surprises? Anything glaringly different?

Rae
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Man, his show last night in Minneapolis was so good. Practically perfect. This is the fifth time I've seen him, though, I think, and by far the least amount of folks in attendance. Where the **** is Merge with the support? Zero promo here and not even any merch available at the show. I felt terrible watching the opening act (Star Dweller) play to about 15 people and Buckner maybe twice that many. It made for an awesomely hushed atmosphere but I doubt it put much gas in the van...

~Rae

Swish
08-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Man, his show last night in Minneapolis was so good. Practically perfect. This is the fifth time I've seen him, though, I think, and by far the least amount of folks in attendance. Where the **** is Merge with the support? Zero promo here and not even any merch available at the show. I felt terrible watching the opening act (Star Dweller) play to about 15 people and Buckner maybe twice that many. It made for an awesomely hushed atmosphere but I doubt it put much gas in the van...

~Rae

I've never seen anything about him playing locally, but maybe I need to check the net and see if he will be soon.