View Full Version : New Clapton CD???

Number9
04-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Hi all, Has anyone heard/purchased this CD? Is it any good? Thanks, Michael

Les
04-14-2004, 08:43 AM
I picked it up last week.

Some fine playing undoubtedly.

From an audio perspective it sounds excellent.:)

It's a bit tooooo familiar in that the structure of the songs and the solos have that 'didn't I hear that somewhere else' feeling. :(

Not enough excitement for me, it's a good representation of Johnson's work/songs but it has all been done before by Clapton and others and there's not enough here to really grab me, a diehard fan, so for the non-committed I just wonder how it will be received. A fair bit of it can be streamed at Reprise Records and elsewhere if you want a taster before considering a purchase.

I have tickets for one of his shows here in the UK at the end of the month. He's still the guy who got me into rock music and although his light is dimming he remains a geetar icon for me.

PPG
04-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Les said it. sonically, it sounds great, musically it's very good.

Mr Peabody
04-16-2004, 10:03 PM
I wondered this myself. I heard one track off the new Aerosmith and that sounded good. It rocks more than I thought it might.

I heard Clapton is talking about doing something with the members of Cream. They played together when they were inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame.

JDaniel
04-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi all, Has anyone heard/purchased this CD? Is it any good? Thanks, Michael
My comments won't add much to what has already been said. Personally, I think it is a damn fine album. It's pretty amazing to me that at guy at this point in his career can do the vocals this album required. I personally enjoyed it a bunch.

Another recent blues album I'm enjoying immensely is from the PBS series "Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues - Jimi Hendrix". It has two previously unreleased songs, and one - Georgia Blues - is perhaps the best blues song I've ever heard. It is outstanding.

JD