Are you SURE this is an "Apple" store??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are you SURE this is an "Apple" store???

pixelthis
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
One sign that all of the copy protection corps are coming up with
is like taking on a machine gun with a Boy SCOUT knife came to
life recently in CHINA, with the appearance of fake
APPLE STORES.
Looks like an Apple store, the employees dress like Apple employees, not only that, but they think they are Apple
employees! SELLING FAKE apple stuff, of course.
SO tell me, do you think the CHINESE will ever develop any
respect for intellectual property whatsoever? Or care about all of
the "anti-copy" nonsense that never fails to stop the mountain of
fake stuff churned out every year, only inconveniences the
consumer? WHAT NEXT? FAKE FORD DEALERSHIPS??:1:

pixelthis
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM
and don't ask for a "link" because I READ this is today's paper.
Thin script delivered to your house daily with writing on it, you might remember such a thing.:1:

atomicAdam
07-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Pix - what the hell does that photo have to do w/ your post? Please post relevant photos to your rants or I'm going to start removing them for flame bating.

But on your Topic -

Not likely for the time being.

Many of the smart and educated Chinese move to the US, create something, than have it developed in China, and sold back in the US. That way they keep the money, use the low cost labor, and live here or there depending on the time of day.

Most likely the copying will continue to go on for years until China develops an independent judicial system. Which is most likely not gonna happen any time soon.

atomicAdam
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
and don't ask for a "link" because I READ this is today's paper.
Thin script delivered to your house daily with writing on it, you might remember such a thing.:1:

Right but those of us who read our news on the web heard about this yesterday.... yawn....:19:

Woochifer
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Looks like an Apple store, the employees dress like Apple employees, not only that, but they think they are Apple
employees! SELLING FAKE apple stuff, of course.

Where did you get that idea? Oh yeah, you're just going off of what you "read" and not providing a link.

The stores are fake, but the merchandise is real. I guess you need to move onto your next rant.

Fake Apple Store Carries in China Carries Real Gear (http://www.pcworld.com/article/236215/fake_apple_store_in_china_carries_real_gear.html)

ForeverAutumn
07-22-2011, 03:41 PM
The article that I read said that the gear was real, but not necessarily obtained through legal channels.

Woochifer
07-22-2011, 04:02 PM
The article that I read said that the gear was real, but not necessarily obtained through legal channels.

You could say the same thing about a lot of online retailers that operate right out of North America. They'll offer up great prices, but customers are left holding the bag if anything goes wrong, since the merchandise is typically sourced from grey market, b-stock, "fallen out of the back of the truck" or other nonauthorized channels that void the warranty support.

pixelthis
07-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Pix - what the hell does that photo have to do w/ your post? Please post relevant photos to your rants or I'm going to start removing them for flame bating.

But on your Topic -

Not likely for the time being.

Many of the smart and educated Chinese move to the US, create something, than have it developed in China, and sold back in the US. That way they keep the money, use the low cost labor, and live here or there depending on the time of day.

Most likely the copying will continue to go on for years until China develops an independent judicial system. Which is most likely not gonna happen any time soon.

WELL, since you're being so diligent, why not give BFALLS a
little vacation for jumping down my throat and calling me everything from a racist know nothing to a bigot. JUST because I said that videodisc players can't play CD very well.
I HAVE A TOUGH SKIN, but his response was a little over the top.
SORRY that I INSULTED your president, btw.:1:

pixelthis
07-23-2011, 08:25 PM
You could say the same thing about a lot of online retailers that operate right out of North America. They'll offer up great prices, but customers are left holding the bag if anything goes wrong, since the merchandise is typically sourced from grey market, b-stock, "fallen out of the back of the truck" or other nonauthorized channels that void the warranty support.

I BOUGHT "grey market" once, worked out great, although a chance.
BUT this is entire stores, complete with fake employees who
are sure they work for APPLE. That is over the top even for the CHINESE.:1:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
little vacation for jumping down my throat and calling me everything from a racist know nothing to a bigot. JUST because I said that videodisc players can't play CD very well.

Get over it you freakin baby. As much crap as you dish out, this shows that you can't take it. Stop whining Mr Whiner (thanks SNL)

bobsticks
07-28-2011, 05:58 AM
little vacation for jumping down my throat and calling me everything from a racist know nothing to a bigot.

Really? Really? We can do this...while bfalls may have jumped down your throat, you were not called a racist...you were asked a question. Deal with it. Playing the victim is not an attractive trait.

JUST because I said that videodisc players can't play CD very well.

A broad generalization that was proven wrong. It really is as simple as that. It was shown that your lack of experience led to a naive and judgemental statement.

Pix, I tend to be one of your supporters behind the scenes, as it were, but you really need to stop spouting blatantly false bull**** and resenting the results. As "ex law" I would think you, above all, would recognize the concept of consequences.

No it really wasn't...and not for nothing, but he's your President too.

Ajani
07-28-2011, 01:04 PM

Unlike you and I can honestly say that he's not my President... However, I'm still at a complete loss as to the relevance of that image to your initial post...

Your topic was interesting enough to generate discussion with tossing in some pointless political angle...

atomicAdam
07-28-2011, 01:09 PM

I didn't vote for the guy. But the image and the post have nothing in common. Thus one can only figure you are flame baiting.

Anyways - like STtT said - stop being a whinny whiner.