The Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spiderman [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spiderman

Kam
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
So both new teasers have made it out there.

The Dark Knight Rises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M

The Amazing Spiderman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4

I gotta say, The Dark Knight Rises trailer kinda sucked, other than the last shot of Bane looming over Batman. If that one shot was the whole teaser, i'd be far happier than seeing footage from Batman Begins all over again. I'm going to try and not watch any more trailers of that one, since I'll be going to see it regardless of what's in the trailer, and all they're going to do now is give away more and more and more and more of the movie.

On the other hand, for The Amazing Spiderman, I don't have any desire to see the 'reboot' (which on a side rant, i always thought that meant there needed to be at least some time/distance since the last incarnation of something, but as i've learned in Through the Wormhole, time is all relative, if it even exists!) and this trailer doesn't do anything to make me want to see it.

Anyone else?

kexodusc
07-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Initial thoughts...that spiderman movie looks terrible!

Worf101
07-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Initial thoughts...that spiderman movie looks terrible!

They want to do for Spiderman what DC did for Batman and tried to do for Superman, but they didn't need it. What they needed to do was just re-find the mojo with Toby McQuire. Silly humans.

Worf

Woochifer
07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Both trailers aren't all that great, but that's why those are called teasers. The Dark Knight Rises is still filming, and it has a built-in audience, so I don't know how much footage they really need to show. Just get the release date on the audience's mind. So long as Nolan resists the sequelitis temptation to cram everything plus the kitchen sink into The Dark Knight Rises, I think the movie itself will be fine.

Agree with the consensus opinion on The Amazing Spider-Man -- WHY? It just makes no sense to me to fire up a new origin story when the previous one came out only 9 years ago. As a fan of the Spider-Man comics, I did not like how the Sam Raimi series ignored the original Gwen Stacy story (which this new reboot movie will apparently feature prominently).

Yes, Gwen Stacy was one of the pivotal storylines in the Spidey comic series, but it's a total waste to hit the reset button and tell the origin story all over again to get her more face time. Other than some nitpick points, though, Raimi generally did a good job with the Spider-Man series.

Spider-Man 3 succumbed to the aforementioned sequelitis, but it was nowhere near a craptasmic franchise killer on the level of Batman and Robin or Superman III/Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. The Spider-Man comics still had many more storylines that could have made for a decent 4th installment. The Peter Parker/MJ wedding story? Silver Sable? Mysterio? The Sinister Syndicate? Carnage?

Looks to me like with this reboot, they're trying to mine the tween/younger teen crowd by setting the story back to Peter Parker's high school days.