Celestion speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Celestion speakers

AZHT
04-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Anyone know anything about Celestion speakers? I think they are from England.

pelly3s
04-14-2004, 05:02 AM
Celestion is an English company, mainly known for their guitar speakers. I haven't worked with any of their products outside of their pro line so i can't vouch for them. I do know that I am not the biggest fan of any of their pro drivers other than the guitar ones

N. Abstentia
04-14-2004, 06:00 AM
They make great guitar speakers.

It seems that everything else they make is discontinued within a few months.

Ron-Belgium
04-15-2004, 04:36 AM
you can find a lot of in fo at:www.celestion.uk
they make great floorstander speakers ,but as already mentioned,also very famous for thei guitar speakers(used in the pro Marshall amplifiers for guitar)

ranbunctious
08-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Celestions are used in guitar amps because they get a unique sound quality when they are over driven. Believe it or not, it's their cheap quality that originally gave them the sound that most guitarists crave. Now that they're in so much demand, the price has gone crazy over the years. Don't expect them to sound all that great at clean & undistorted levels.

Pat D
08-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Anyone know anything about Celestion speakers? I think they are from England.
Many years ago, a friend of mine had some Celestion Ditton 15 loudspeakers, which were pretty good. I also listened to a large, rather warm sounding floor stander called the Ditton 66. Celestion has been around a long time.

I haven't heard any of their speakers for many years, nor even read a recent review, but they still make home listening speakers and use high tech methods to test and manufacture them. Here is a site:

http://www.celestion.com/home.html