Streamed my first Amazon movie to the Panny [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Streamed my first Amazon movie to the Panny

Poultrygeist
07-15-2011, 03:33 AM
last night via a cat5 cable from the router. The Panasonic 55ST30 came with a dongle for wireless streaming but it isn't reliable in my application due to limited range/bandwidth. The hardwired cat5cable I ran under my house is a much better solution. I ordered an $18 switch which will allow me to connect all HT components to the single cat5 cable.

Ten years ago did anyone foresee connecting an AV receiver to the internet? When the Marantz SR6006 arrives this weekend I'll be doing just that. WOW!

You'll need an Amazon apt on your tv or player to stream a movie from Amazon and most of the Panasonic gear has them. Unlike Netflix there's no membership requirement for Amazon and the first movie is free.

pixelthis
07-15-2011, 02:37 PM
last night via a cat5 cable from the router. The Panasonic 55ST30 came with a dongle for wireless streaming but it isn't reliable in my application due to limited range/bandwidth. The hardwired cat5cable I ran under my house is a much better solution. I ordered an $18 switch which will allow me to connect all HT components to the single cat5 cable.

Ten years ago did anyone foresee connecting an AV receiver to the internet? When the Marantz SR6006 arrives this weekend I'll be doing just that. WOW!

You'll need an Amazon apt on your tv or player to stream a movie from Amazon and most of the Panasonic gear has them. Unlike Netflix there's no membership requirement for Amazon and the first movie is free.

WELL, YES, ACTUALLY.
My first integra had an ethernet plug, mainly intended for net radio.
That was at least seven or eight years ago.
Net connections have been around for awhile, as have home networks allowing for whole house connectivity.
NOW IF YOU WANNA SEE NEW, check out this here "3D".
ONLY BEEN AROUND FOR a hundred years or so...:1:

Poultrygeist
07-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Pixie, I guess I've been behind the times, spending all my energy on two channel. Before the Marantz my only AV receiver was the Panasonic Xr55 bought new in 04. Back then I was glad just to have component and optical connections. I'm sorta overwhelmed with all the advances in HT.

pixelthis
07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Pixie, I guess I've been behind the times, spending all my energy on two channel. Before the Marantz my only AV receiver was the Panasonic Xr55 bought new in 04. Back then I was glad just to have component and optical connections. I'm sorta overwhelmed with all the advances in HT.

HARD to keep up.
BACK in 2004 I bought a receiver for the ages(the one with an Ethernet plug). The component video switching was obsolete
in a year . NOT BY HDMI but by DVI(hdmi with a different
connector) which was then rendered obsolete by HDMI.
I LOVED that receiver , and could have used component, but
HDMI was it for me, so much better. i managed to get it to work
for four years, but after a lot of hassle I UPGRADED, and my 1200 dollar "receiver for the ages is rotting in my brothers closet.
BEING a "purist" I DID NOT SET UP THE AUDDESSY on
my new toy for awhile, now I AM A BELIEVER, this is a
great advance. AND THE CODECS, DTS MASTER, DD PLUS
and the lossless one, simply superb.
ITS been rougher than dental surgery while riding down a country road, but things are finally settling down a little, and all of those
new improvements are really a thrill.
NOW if we could just outlaw plasma...:1: