Wilco..Wilco...Wilco loves Swishbaby! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wilco..Wilco...Wilco loves Swishbaby!

Swish
07-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Scored tickets for my third Wilco show yesterday, although it's a long way off. September 25th, a Sunday, at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbus, MD. As a bonus, the opener is Nick Lowe, so I'm pretty stoked about his one.

Next up is Bob Dylan w/ Leon Russell, then The National w/ Yo La Tengo. It's turning out to be a most excellent summer!

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Congrats Swish!

Tickets for Wilco go on sale here tomorrow. They play a fairly small venue when they come here (although they play multiple nights) and it always sells out before I can get tickets. This venue has some bad accoustic spots so I'm picky where I sit which doesn't help the situation. But I'm going to try again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

We saw Leon Russell last night. It was an okay show. The sound sucked. It was our first time in that venue and we have two more shows there this year so I really hope that the sound is better for The Tea Party next week and Elbow in September.

Mr MidFi
07-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Their tour had no Chicago dates, but I have a good feeling that they'll add a multi-night "residency" at a smaller venue here, like they've done in the past. If not... I'll try to score some after-market tix for the Madison show. (Side note: My daughter will soon be going to school there... they grow up so dang fast!)

Swish
07-14-2011, 07:07 AM
I had to register and all first, but I was able to get them 3 days prior to the sale by the venue of whatever. I still was put into a 'waiting room' because of heavy demand. I got good seats, not great one, but for less than $50 each after the service charge and UPS fee. The other bummer is that 8 of us are going but you were limited to 4 tickets on their site, so we won't all be sitting together at the show.

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Crap! I wish I'd know about that. The Toronto pre-sale is sold out for both nights...no big surprise there. :(

Swish
07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Crap! I wish I'd know about that. The Toronto pre-sale is sold out for both nights...no big surprise there. :(

It's called Front Gate and a friend told me about it the day before the pre-sale (Tuesday), so I went on and registered right way. The sale started Wednesday at 10 AM. I logged on but the 'Get Ticket' icon didn't show up for a few minutes. When I clicked on it, I was placed in the Waiting Room and waited about 10 minutes until I could buy.

Here's the website for future reference: http://wilco.frontgatetickets.com/password.php

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2011, 11:58 AM
That's the site I went to. I registered and there was a button to buy tickets, but when clicked on it, I got a message saying the pre-sale was sold out. For both nights. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow, but I don't have my hopes up.