Question about soundbars and my living room layout (pic) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question about soundbars and my living room layout (pic)

loboblast
07-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone.

I just downgraded to a small 1bedroom Apt. My living room is not that big. I only have a 32" LG le5400 and a couch lol.

Right now I have no player or physical media. I stream all my movies from my PC via HDMI and use my great Sennheisers HDR 170's for surround sound. Only for movie watching of course the rest of the time I use the TV speakers.

I now want to upgrade and share the Home Theater experience with friends and family. Due to the small size of living room I have decided to invest on a soundbar.

After doing some research I have found out that:

1.) no matter what soundbar you get a true 5.1 system will always beat it. (I kinda knew that since I had an older Bose 5.1 system)

and

2.) For a soundbar to have full surround sound effect a 4 wall setup is required of optimal use.

Because of #2, I'm not sure how much I should invest in a soundbar.

Now here are the soundbars I have narrowed down to:

LG LSB316 2.1 w/wireless sub

Boston Acoustic TVee Model 30 Sound Bar w/wireless sub

Yamaha YSP 2200 Digital Sound Projector

I have a pic of the living room but this website requires me to have more than 10 posts.

loboblast
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Here's a pic of my living room.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6125/5928532112_0875865eb4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/45936713@N05/5928532112/)

My question is, due to the layout of my living room. Am I just better off going the inexpensive route for a soundbar since I won't be able to have the advantages of surround sound from high end soundbars? I'm willing to spend a little extra on quality but in my case will it help at all?

The 3 soundbars I'm interested in buying have a $200+ gap from each other so I'm a little confused on which one I should select.

Your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.