Bedroom TV Mounting Height [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom TV Mounting Height

Mingus
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I am in the process of rearranging the furniture in the bedrooms. In one bedroom I plan to hang a 40 inch Sony 1020P TV opposite the bed (slightly angled to the side). The question was is.... what the best height. The bed is 23 inch tall and the wall is approx. 10 ft away.

recoveryone
07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I would suggest getting a wall mount kit that allows you to pan and tilt the display, Unless you have a sitting room in your bedroom, you will be horizontal while watching. and you do not what to have to force your head or eyes into a position that will cause fatigue while watching. A good height would be around 6-8 feet and be able to tilt the display downward so it will be a natural line of sight. Pan or extended arm type mount would help center the display so you would not have the same issues fousing to the left or right for extended periods of time, casues eye fatigue again.

Worf101
07-12-2011, 04:57 AM
I would suggest getting a wall mount kit that allows you to pan and tilt the display, Unless you have a sitting room in your bedroom, you will be horizontal while watching. and you do not what to have to force your head or eyes into a position that will cause fatigue while watching. A good height would be around 6-8 feet and be able to tilt the display downward so it will be a natural line of sight. Pan or extended arm type mount would help center the display so you would not have the same issues fousing to the left or right for extended periods of time, casues eye fatigue again.
What he said... It's hard to be helpfull round here when folks give out the good advice before some of us even know there's a question LOL! No, what Recov said is about right and it's good advice I WISH I'da followed with my bedroom system.

Worf

Mingus
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. Six to eight feet sounds right. This is my daughter's room. Beforre any assembly I am going to mark a outline of the tv on the wall to make sure the height is correct for her.

vlad008
07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
testing123

bubbagump
08-06-2020, 05:25 AM
I recently had to buy nightstand furniture and the site https://paramusmegafurniture.com/collections/nightstands helped me with this
I advise you to contact them too!