Quick Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

kobyjd
07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
So i currently own the RCA RS2120i - micro system (i would post a link but cant yet) ... And i am looking into just replacing the speakers. I really do not know much about speakers, but i did a little research, and with the help of some friends came across the Infinity Primus P 162.

I am looking for something around that price range (getting two speakers for hopefully around 160, i found infinity primus p 162 for 84 a pop), that is good quality, and LOUD.

I just wanted to make sure that these speakers would be compatible with the current system that I have, and to see if anyone has any better suggestions.

Thanks!

Hyfi
07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Get a pair of these..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290203
for under $125.

Then you may want to get something a little better than the RCA system in the future to make them live up to their potential. I got the smaller 30s but drive them with a amp.

kobyjd
07-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Those will work with the RCA system i have, and you think those are a lot better/louder than the infinity ones?

Hyfi
07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Those will work with the RCA system i have, and you think those are a lot better/louder than the infinity ones?

The Infinities are 1db higher sensitivity so on paper, a tiny bit louder. The Polks have a soft dome (cloth) so it will not be as irritating, but that is also a preference.

The Polks are a bit more speaker for less due to the New Egg sale. I am impressed with the 30s I got a few weeks ago.

kobyjd
07-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Alright for sure. I am personally not going to be buying them, someone else is going to be, and i was told i have up to around 160/170 as my budget, so just want to make sure ima get the most outa the money i can.

bfalls
07-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Has anyone found the power and impedance specs for the RCA's amp? Kobyjd, the specs should be in the back of the manual. A common disadvantage of HTIB or rack-type systems is the substantially higher harmonic distortion at rated output. Where many systems rub in the .0xx%, racks and HTIB run around .1xx%+ and often much more. You'll find this with the Jensens, RCA, Panasonics, etc.

kobyjd
07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
The RCA system is currently in my college house in a different state, as I am home for summer. And i do not have the manual here