I just won tickets to see Leon Russell! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I just won tickets to see Leon Russell!

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I was on the venue web site a couple of weeks ago and they were running a contest to win 4 tickets to see Leon Russell. It was an easy click to enter, so I entered. I just got an email confirming that I won 4 tickets!

Unlike Swish, I get to see Leon Russell and I don't have to sit through Bob Dylan to do it. ;)

Jack in Wilmington
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I was on the venue web site a couple of weeks ago and they were running a contest to win 4 tickets to see Leon Russell. It was an easy click to enter, so I entered. I just got an email confirming that I won 4 tickets!

Unlike Swish, I get to see Leon Russell and I don't have to sit through Bob Dylan to do it. ;)

In my books FA, that's a win win situation. Enjoy the show. Saw Dylan once, so that's in the column "Been there, done that, don't need to do it again"

GMichael
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Who get's the other 4 tickets?:thumbsup:

JohnMichael
07-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I would like to see Leon. I miss going to concerts. I miss doing anything socially. If it was not for my dog taking me for a walk I would never go anywhere. (trying to get a pity ticket);)

Jack in Wilmington
07-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I would like to see Leon. I miss going to concerts. I miss doing anything socially. If it was not for my dog taking me for a walk I would never go anywhere. (trying to get a pity ticket);)

Darn JM, I was starting to pass the hat to take up a collection.

Swish
07-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Like him or not, he's an icon in the music world and has influenced more musicians than nearly any individual in the history of music. I would be willing to bet that you would enjoy seeing him but you don't know it.

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Like him or not, he's an icon in the music world and has influenced more musicians than nearly any individual in the history of music. I would be willing to bet that you would enjoy seeing him but you don't know it.

It's not seeing him that's the problem...it's hearing him! :biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2011, 11:33 AM

Sorry John, the four tickets are already spoken for. BarryL and his lovely wife will be joining Hubby and me. But if you can make it here for Wednesday night's show. I'll buy you a ticket (and a drink). :yesnod:

Jack in Wilmington
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry John, the four tickets are already spoken for. BarryL and his lovely wife will be joining Hubby and me. But if you can make it here for Wednesday night's show. I'll buy you a ticket (and a drink). :yesnod:

OK JM, I'll start passing the hat again. Do you need plane fair, or just gas money?

MasterCylinder
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I miss doing anything socially. If it was not for my dog taking me for a walk I would never go anywhere.

And his dog wears sunglasses.

MasterCylinder
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Like him or not, he's an icon in the music world and has influenced more musicians than nearly any individual in the history of music.

LOL..............where did you take music history ?

JohnMichael
07-08-2011, 12:58 PM
OK JM, I'll start passing the hat again. Do you need plane fair, or just gas money?

I can afford my travel expense. My problem is the area where I live few people share my interests. Sure if I enjoyed tractor pulls, pig roasts, rebel flags and no fat chicks bumper stickers I would have plenty of activities. So I must travel to satisfy my interests.

Jack in Wilmington
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
I can afford my travel expense. My problem is the area where I live. Few people share my interests. Sure if I enjoyed tractor pulls, pig roasts, rebel flags and no fat chicks bumper stickers I would have plenty of activities. So I must travel to satisfy my interests.

That's rough. At least you some great equipment to keep you happy on the audio end. Sometimes we can't choose where we want to live. Our job and the people we choose to spend our lives with do that for us.

Other than the guys at my local HiFi shops, and you guys at AR, I have nobody that shares this hobby to talk shop with. I'm excited because the guys that I worked with until I retired last week are coming over for a retirement picnic tomorrow. None of them has ever seen my gear except in pictures. So it will be fun to give them a demo.