Sony SS-MF750H no sound from tweeter or mid [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony SS-MF750H no sound from tweeter or mid

mzisman4
07-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I purchased these second hand about 2 years ago and until now, they served me well. I unplugged them to setup my surround and now that I have plugged them back in, I only get sound from the 2 woofers.

1. What do you recommend I check? I've already tried them on different receivers and have changed out all the cables.
2. If they are blown, where can I order replacement? Is it even worth it?

I was able to pull the following numbers from the back of the drivers:
Tweeter: 1-825-327-11 and 322c
Mid: 1-825-319-11 and 3h232

Thanks

bfalls
07-07-2011, 07:40 AM
At first glance I thought maybe the links for the bi-wire terminals were missing. Then I looked up the manual online and see they are single connections. Since both mid and tweeter have no sound, I would guess a problem with a component in the mid/tweet xover. More so than a problem with the drivers themselves. Look to see if one of the caps are "bloated", or another component discolored. It also could be a connection has shaken loose. Re-soldering the connections would be a good idea.

Nasir
07-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Do I understand this right? Both your speakers have lost the mid and high ranges and at the same time?

Either something happened during the connections and excessive currents were applied to the speakers, then I would have to agree with Bfalls, the first place to look for is the crossovers. Check for discolored or blown capacitors on the crossover circuits.

Maybe a photo of the crossovers and we can help you locate something visibly evident .....