What I decided to do [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What I decided to do

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Well what I decided to do was to sell my JBL Control 1 speakers and buy a new pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme since basicly both are same speakers but the Xtreme is 8 ohms. If I use the Xtreme version of the Control 1 it should work on any receivers since most receivers are rated 8 ohms or higher. I will get then tomorrow or friday at most and I will test them out and see if my receiver gets hot at all. Since right now I' am using a Pioneer SX-255R receiver which is rated for 8-16 ohms. This will be interesting to me since I know that how loud my speakers can go and when it starts to get really hot on the receiver so I can test and see how much cooler the receiver will be when I have it up loud using the Xtreme speakers.

The first pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme I got was used and while it was on the shipping process I found a new pair of the same speakers but it costed more. I refused the package for the used one and did get a refund for it.

I did put an auction on Ebay for my JBL Control 1 and also I did replace two woofers with new original ones so they sound like new.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 04:02 AM
I just think from what people have said on many other forums that it's too risky to use 4 ohms speakers on a 8 ohms receiver. It seems like though that if I don't have it loud and have it around med volume then it's fine but if I have it loud then that's why problems starts like the receiver getting too hot.

markw
07-06-2011, 05:34 AM
The first pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme I got was used and while it was on the shipping process I found a new pair of the same speakers but it costed more. I refused the package for the used one and did get a refund for it.While the new speakers may have "costed" you more than the used ones you agreed to buy initially, the poor schlep whose package you refused still had to pay packaging and shipping, probably both ways. So, he paid for your buyers remorse.

Congratulations. You've gone from screwing big companies to little guys on ebay. Proud of yourself?

Slumpbuster had you nailed months ago.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't know but is it that bad to do what I did? I thought it would be the easiest to just send it back too the sender and then get a refund? I done it with other things many times and no one got mad or said not to do this again. It's alot faster to get a refund then reselling it. Its like going to the store and showing your recept and getting a refund.

I mean if you no longer need an item it's normal to send it back and get a refund.

Also what do you mean by Slumpbuster nailed me months agao? No one has told me nothing about this speakers and me getting a refund.

markw
07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I guess the short bus just made a dropoff.

You really are that stupid and/or selfish, aren't you? Who do you think paid for the packing and shipping for those speakers?

As for Slumpbuster, re-read his input in this (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=36107) thread.

The difference now is that you just screwed some poor schlep, just like you, selling stuff on ebay, not a big store that can absorb the costs and write it off.

You don't think of anyone except yourself, do you?

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
So are you saying I should not refuse on anything?

Well if I pay for the shipping when I buy an item and then refuse it I don't know this part but does it get charged even to refuse a package like meaning it cost both ways? I thought that if you refuse a package it only cost the amount you send it to the person. Example I paid $10 for shipping an item then I refuse it then will it only still be a total of $10 that I paid for? Or does it cost another $10 to send it back when you refuse the package?

What about stores that have free shipping? I noticed that if I buy something and refuse it and then I do get a full refund on it.

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't get involved in these threads but when I read this thread and the one that Mark linked to, are you guys sure that this is the same guy that was Spanky? Maybe his language has just changed over time but something seems different to me.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Well all I know is that I learned about refusing was from Amazon since they kept saying if you no longer want it you can just refuse it and it didn't cost me any money to do this. That's why I thought it was ok to do it on anything else but maybe it's different. But it seems like even at stores it's not good to do it since you guys said it would make the prices go higher on everything that's what others said on a different forums. I guess I will from now on just sell the stuff I don't want instead of refusing.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't get involved in these threads but when I read this thread and the one that Mark linked to, are you guys sure that this is the same guy that was Spanky? Maybe his language has just changed over time but something seems different to me.

What do you mean I have changed? What part has changed??

I am the same guy from back around 2004. I did have allkinds of screen names since then like

Joe_Carr

Dallas84

Dustin_Broke

lcswoosh05

SpankingVanillaIce

VanillaIce

etc....

But eatherway what part has changed? Well I am 26 now and back then I was around 19. But I don't know what you mean that I have changed?

I had the name SpankingVanillaIce before since my ex boyfriend Adam used that name for his screen name so I just used it also but now I' am with Dusty Smith and his my new boyfriend so I don't use SpankingVanillaIce anymore.

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
For starters you're participating in 2-way conversations and listening to what other people have to say. Both very positive steps in the right direction, but different from your previous M.O. as SVI.

markw
07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
WARNING!!! Before attempting to answer this question, READ THIS THREAD (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=379700).

You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation. He's already put them through the wringer.

SlumpBuster
07-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Here's irony for you. I got banned from AK years ago and still don't know why. Never was invested enough to particularly care or find out why. Best I could figure it was because of my saucy screen name.

SVI on the other hand, just posting away.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Well what about items you buy at a local store that doesn't involve shipping? Is it still bad to return something you don't want after you tested it? I forgot to ask this question.

But if it's not good to even do it localy then I must really have to be careful on what I buy since I thought the whole reason for return policy is if I don't like the item I can get a refund or if something is not working right also.

BTW my screen name isn't SpankingVanillaIce anymore my new screen name is Dustin_Broke so you should say Dustin or so when you are talking about me. Since basicly SVI isn't in use anymore.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Btw I am just getting feedbacks from many people from other fourms also and seeing what they say. Or was I suppose to only ask this question on one forums? Since it seemed like you were saying warning about my other post on the other forums. But I am still learning and trying to find out why people were saying to not to refuse but now I know not to do it anymore. But now I wanted to know about returning an item to a local store for any reasons is ok or not. Since there is no shipping basicly I bring the item to the store and get the refund.

So far all the stores I been to and returned accepted a return because I found something better or not interested in it anymore or anything but maybe I should not even do it anymore. But if I don't return stuff anymore then it's going to be very hard since I have to really think before I buy something. Alot of times I have to try and see if I like an item at home in order to figure out if it will work out for me or will it not work out. Like if I got headphones or speakers I have to buy them and try them out and decide if I like them. Since there are millons of headphones and speakers out there it's hard to find the right one for me. Only way is to test them and see if I like them. But I will try my best to not return stuff if it's not good.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Well I know that forsure that if I buy stuff used at a Goodwill store or Thrift store I will need too test things out and see if it works for me and also if the item isn't broken so forsure there will be more chances I would return something at a Goodwill store or Thrift store. Goodwill have only 7 days to return an item and get a refund but if you talk to the manager there they might be able to make it to a month but only in store credit you can do.

Most electronics I buy are used since I' am in a tight budget. But some items I have are new.

But eatherway if it's not good to return stuff then I will have to try my best not to even localy. But someone said it's upto store policy but I don't know if its ok even if they let you return.

But it seems like you guys are saying that I should not keep trying and to find something I really want and then keep it and if in the future I don't want it just sell it or so.

Since it seems like I' am doing the whole thing wrong please let me know how you test, research and buy things and how you try to find something you really like.

Thanks

JoeE SP9
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I think what other posters object to about your posts is you ask for advice, argue about the advice given and then ignore that advice. For the last couple of years you've been asking about what are basically computer speakers. Every time you ask someone suggests saving your money and buying some "real" gear. You never do, although you live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have access to gear on CL. Then you come back two or three months later with questions about more computer speakers. That's why I've stopped responding to your posts.

JohnMichael
07-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Here's irony for you. I got banned from AK years ago and still don't know why. Never was invested enough to particularly care or find out why. Best I could figure it was because of my saucy screen name.

SVI on the other hand, just posting away.

We are a far more tolerant group. The mods do not get upset if someone has a different point of view. Just do not abuse another member or send too much hate our way.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Since it seems like returning at a store, online like Amazon, Ebay etc doesn't get good results for everyone. I really need to know what should I do if I am interested in something but don't know if it will work. I do look online but the specs doesn't always tell me right off the bat that this is what I need.

markw
07-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that if THIS THREAD (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=379700) doesn't answer your questions, nothing will.

As they are finding out, trying to answer you to where you can, or will, understand even a simple concept is like digging a hole in dry sand, with a teaspoon, in a stiff wind. You are new there, but they are getting used to your ways... fast.

mlsstl
07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Whether refusing delivery or returning items purchased online is OK depends on the nature of the seller. Companies that are in the retail business expect a certain, small percentage of returns. That said, it is generally rude to buy things on a trial & error basis just to see if you like them. That's not the same as discovering the product doesn't live up to expectations.

However, many eBay and Amazon sellers are private individuals who are selling their personal used items. It is extremely rude to simply change your mind after you've committed to purchase such an item. Refusing delivery in this case puts the seller through the hassle and expense of relisting the item. You probably also deprived another buyer who really wanted the item. In short, buying and then reneging in this market is simply selfish. The only exception is if the seller has misrepresented the item in their listing.

Just my two cents.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Most of the stuff like speakers I' am interested in aren't there at a local store or if they have a receiver I' am interested in they aren't hooked up at all etc. It's really hard to test everything I want it they don't sell it and only sold online. Or if they are not hooked up. Alot of speakers I' am interested into is online so there is really no way to test them unless I buy them and try them.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't understand what's the point this markw guy is doing but he seems like he likes to show off my posts or what I' am asking and saying that I' am bad. I mean seriously I' am not a superstar so you don't need to show me off like I' am a actor on a movie or so. Maybe I' am thinking too much but it just seems like you are showing off about me and the bad parts only. Or what I have been posting on other forums. There is no point of showing my posts on other forums.

I basicly already said that I will try my best to not return but alot of times it will be hard since not everything that I like are in local stores to listen to.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Well anyways hopefuly my new JBL Control 1Xtreme will work better on my receiver and will not get soo hot like the Control 1. I think I should of gotten the Control 1Xtreme in the first place but I didn't know that 4 ohms speakers are not good for 8 ohms receivers and will get very hot.

All I know is people said this and that about ohms but I thought it would be ok and don't have to worry about it. But I guess ohms is important if you want to protect the receiver.

markw
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
..is simply trying to prevent too many people from playing your trolling game.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
..is simply trying to prevent too many people from playing your trolling game.

OK here we go with the word troll now I hear this soo many times but I have no idea why people say that. Since I' am not trying to do anything to affend or scar anyone or try to be mean to make people upset. I am a nice person and I don't hurt people or so. Since it seems like you are saying a troll is like a game but apparently it's not a good game. But I am not trying to play a game or anything. Maybe the way I' am sounds like one but I' am forsure not playing a game. Thank You

markw
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Well. if, after reading THIS THREAD (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=379700) which, incidentally, covers the exact same subject by you on another forum, anyone thinks they can say it differently and get the point across, let 'em go for it with my blessings.

As for the troll, you get answers but you have the attention span of a goldfish. You got plenty of answers but they mean nothing to you. You ignore them, then you make excuses for your actions, and then and ask the same question over and over again hoping to get someone to tell you that you're all right. How's that working out for ya, spanky?

If that's not a troll, I don't know what is.

A snippet from your "other" thread on the "other" site.

So all these times I refused the packages on pc games, speakers, receivers etc in the past like 3 years was bad? If it was why no one said anything to me? I thought it was fine to just basicly send it back to the seller. I remember when I even talked to Amazon.com support and when I have something I didn't need they said to refuse the package so it will be send back and then they will refund me.

And, as for that "nice guy" crap, whether you know it or not, you have been screwing people who sell to you on the internet for years now. Slumpbuster told you this weeks ago here, on this site but you said he was "mean" to you. Even when many other people on the other site tried to tell you the exact same thing, you made excuses for yourself. Nice guys don't screw others by abusing a system and try to justify it.

You say you're 26. You're not aq child anymore. Sometimes ya just have to "man up" and live by your decisions, not stick others for the consequences for your bad decisions, even if you can by abusing the system.

You're a blight on internet commerce.

Dustin_Broke
07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Well I am not trying to be a troll but does this troll have nothing to do with the evil troll that is a ulgy creature? Since you said something about goldfish and I am kinda confused. Also we already finished talking about the refusing thing and I just didn't know about this stuff was bad but now I know and won't do it again but you seems like saying that I will still keep refusing packages and I am not since I learned about it.

Basicly you guys were saying

"people are saying that stores like Amazon with a more liberal return policy are able to afford returns better than an individual who is doing this as a sideline. It's a matter of showing some consideration."

So basicly I am not suppose to refuse packages that is from a seller like me since it costs them alot and stores like Amazon are able to afford the returns better.

Also is this troll you are talking about bad and will get you in trouble? Or is this a silly joke you guys are talking about? just wonderin

ForeverAutumn
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Dustin, why don't you sell Markw your JBL Control 1 speakers? You can pay to ship them to him and then when they arrive he'll refuse to accept them and send them back to you. That way you can learn firsthand how shipping stuff really works. :)

SlumpBuster
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
We are a far more tolerant group. The mods do not get upset if someone has a different point of view. Just do not abuse another member or send too much hate our way.

Thanks, but I didn't actually do anything to get banned. It just happened. I'm not sure I ever even posted anything.

SlumpBuster
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Well I am not trying to be a troll but does this troll have nothing to do with the evil troll that is a ulgy creature? Since you said something about goldfish and I am kinda confused.

Also is this troll you are talking about bad and will get you in trouble? Or is this a silly joke you guys are talking about? just wonderin

This quote and LOLcats are what make the internets great. :0:

Dusty Beiber
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I had the JBL Control 1Xtremes but they were kind of tiiny and hi and made noises like a yak and made my amp hot. I traded them for a dinosaur paintby numbers and sold that and got the GDZLA vMothra moniters.

Their the best moniters and I like them but sometimes I feel kind of bad about giving the JBL Control 1Xtremes away for trade. Do you guys thinbk it was a bad idea? The mothras work with my reciever really well and make good dance songs sound even mpore good.

I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!:crazy:

I ot lot's of disco 8 tracks from my special friend in Idaho. I play them onthe Mego but I think that there's other good players out there. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Here is my current system. I guess you pros call it my rig or whatever, haha. Tell me what you thinjk...

I guess I can't post links because of my post coubnt. If you guys go to youtube and check out Mego 2 XL 8 Track Robot 1978 you can see me and my junk.

markw
07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks, Dusty. We needed that but I really, really, don't wanna see your junk..

Dusty Beiber
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks markw that was nice and i feel like thsi is a place I can hang out and people will be nice.

I was hoping that you would watch the clip though because sense I'm happy with the vMothra moniters I was looking at the Mego and someone on another site recommended that I get the Shunyata Venom3 chords to go with the Mego. Do you think I should get the Shunyata Venom3 chords to go with the Mego>?

SlumpBuster
07-06-2011, 07:30 PM
That's some tasty smurfing. Awesome.

Dusty Beiber
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
We used to toast smurf marshmellos and they were good over fire but I got them to close to my cassete player and they melted on the heads. Blue gooey gunk on my Daz Band tape and I had to put on latex gloves to clean it all off.

markw
07-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Thanks markw that was nice and i feel like thsi is a place I can hang out and people will be nice.

I was hoping that you would watch the clip though because sense I'm happy with the vMothra moniters I was looking at the Mego and someone on another site recommended that I get the Shunyata Venom3 chords to go with the Mego. Do you think I should get the Shunyata Venom3 chords to go with the Mego>?Mego/ Yugo/ Lego/ I go/ You go/ We go/ They go. He / She / It goes, Who cares? Let's Allgo. First round is on Dustin!

noddin0ff
07-07-2011, 03:32 AM
We used to toast smurf marshmellos and they were good over fire but I got them to close to my cassete player and they melted on the heads. Blue gooey gunk on my Daz Band tape and I had to put on latex gloves to clean it all off.

Ow. ow. ow. Sides hurt... eyes remember hurting...

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 04:55 AM
My Mego 2xl has one plug in that I use with a plastic thing that makes it two lpug out. Someone one said i should use the Shunyata Venom3 chords. Do you guys think I should? I don't have a big budget but it might be worth it to save up for it if you guys think I should use it.

GMichael
07-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey Dustin, why don't you sell Markw your JBL Control 1 speakers? You can pay to ship them to him and then when they arrive he'll refuse to accept them and send them back to you. That way you can learn firsthand how shipping stuff really works. :)

This is a great idea. Learning new things is always good.

As far as the rest of this thread goes...:mad2:

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I was supprised this topic was still going but why is it still going even after I said I won't refuse packages anymore? I learned that it cost the seller too much. This topic should be over. We should be just talking about the JBL Control 1 speakers.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Dustin, I'm Dusty to.

I had the JBL Control 1Xtremes but I thought that they sounded tinny and the base was not enough and stuff. What do you think? I had them for a while and they were okay and now I kind of miss them but I now have the GDZLA vMothra moniters. The vMothra moniters has good base and doesn't sound so tinny and thin. Should I keep them?

Someoe said I should use Shunyata Venom3 cables to connect my stuff but I'm not sure. What do all you guys think cause I heard cables will make a huge difference.

The vMothra moniters have androconia drivers which are good to 20hz and play drums and synth good and the base is tight. I did like the JBLs though. Should I maybe buy them back?

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Well I actualy have a boyfriend named Dusty Smith and I been with him since Jan of this year. His a great caring loving guy. But is your name really Dusty? Since you have the same first name as my boyfriend. Just wondering....

But anyways do you really have the Control 1Xtreme speakers? Do they really sound that tinny? I am use to using the Control 1 speakers and they sounded not tinny.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
My first name is Justin. I don't know anyone named Dusty or Distin but my bestest friend is named Adam and he gave me the nickname among other things.

I had the JBL Control 1Xtreme but I sold them so that I could get better speakers. Yes, they were kind of tinny or maybe more aluminium sounding. The base was okay but the top stuff sounded like a velociraptor with a nasal headcold.

I got the vMothra moniters from Japan and they sound really good with all kinds of music and there base is really good to. I think I like them better than the JBLs but I'm not sure. What do you think.

P.S. I saw your site. It's cool.

GMichael
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I smell a plant. Can we get an IP check in isle 5 please?

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Thats not very nice. You should be nice. I'm sure Dustin_Broke is a nice person and very real and not a troll or a plant or all the other things you mean people say.

It does smell like cottonwood in here though.

bobsticks
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
At some point the plug may have to be pulled on this.

SlumpBuster
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM
At some point the plug may have to be pulled on this.

lick the base, bodstcks

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Well I can say I was excited when I saw the box came in then I opened it and guess what. The seller sent me the original Control 1 speakers which I already have for sale but luckly I was able to tape it up and make it look like it was never opened to I went to the post office and said I am refusing the package and I did e-mail the seller that this is the wrong speakers and if the seller doesn't have the Control 1Xtreme then I will need a refund. This is one of the rare times that I got a wrong item.

This kinda made me upset since I thought finaly I got the speakers I wanted.

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
But I do see that on Ebay someone is selling a new JBL Control ONE which is the same as the Control 1Xtreme and that one is 8 ohms. JBL seems like that are making same speakers but just changing the name and there latest one is very close name to the original Control 1. Both might have the ONE on the Control speakers but the Control 1 and Control ONE are both different. The Control 1 is 4 ohms and the Control ONE is 8 ohms like the Xtreme.

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2011, 11:30 AM
It does smell like cottonwood in here though.

I don't know who you are, but you're killin' me man! :lol:

(I know I shouldn't encourage this behavour)

JohnMichael
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't know who you are, but you're killin' me man! :lol:

(I know I shouldn't encourage this behavour)

I know, I know and I am LMAO.

markw
07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Well I can say I was excited when I saw the box came in then I opened it and guess what. The seller sent me the original Control 1 speakers which I already have for sale but luckly I was able to tape it up and make it look like it was never opened to I went to the post office and said I am refusing the package and I did e-mail the seller that this is the wrong speakers and if the seller doesn't have the Control 1Xtreme then I will need a refund. This is one of the rare times that I got a wrong item.

This kinda made me upset since I thought finaly I got the speakers I wanted.In the first post of this thread you said you sent back the "used" ones and were waiting for the "New" ones. With that in mind, I have to assume thry came from a retailer, not "some guy", and you have a paperwork trail. Amazon sends notifications for every order.

So, from what you say here, we have a few choices:

1) You accidentally ordered the same ones you had, only new. Check your original order. If you ordered them, your bad, not theirs. You couldn't tell from the packaging what speakers they were?

2) They sent you the wrong ones. Their bad but still, you should have been able to tell from the packaging that they were not what you ordered.

3) You're still yanking our chains which would be a great troll move.

Fron your history here, I lean towards number three. In such case, I vote Dustin Broke off the island and he be replaced by Dusty Bieber.

GMichael
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I know, I know and I am LMAO.

Didn't anyone teach you to share?:20:

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Well the speakers I ordered the new Control 1Xtreme was from a seller like me on Amazon.com so its not from a big company so the seller made a misstake and thought that it was the same as the Xtreme. I told the seller than you send the wrong item so I assume everything will be taken cared off the seller gets the item back. I was kinda dissapointed though. Maybe I thought I should of kept the used Control 1Xtreme since at least that was the real Xtreme. Also on Ebay no one is selling the Xtreme anymore but someone is selling the ONE which is like Xtreme.

I know what I order and I do make sure it's right and according the what it says I ordered I did order a Control 1X which is the same as Xtreme.

JohnMichael
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Didn't anyone teach you to share?:20:

I do not give it away quite like I used to share it.

GMichael
07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I do not give it away quite like I used to share it.

:devil::devil::devil:

By the way, happy 4000 post! :thumbsup: Time for another party?

Woochifer
07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
This quote and LOLcats are what make the internets great. :0:

I think Spanky's shark got jumped with that post. Up to that point, all of his trolling maintained at least some plausibility. But, playing dumb on trolls is the easiest way of revealing yourself as one.

SlumpBuster
07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
But, playing dumb on trolls is the easiest way of revealing yourself as one.

True, but he carries it to artistic levels. The consistency of the pics he posts combined with the dinosaur forum are more than just your average trolling. He's definitely committed to it. I still think it would be wonderful if he were one day unmasked as a respected forum regular.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't know who Spanky is but you guys are being mean to Dustin_Broke and he seems lick a nice person who is nice. I do think though that the new JBL Control 1Xtreme are tiiny sounding and kind of thin though.

It's good that you were able to refuse the shipment on the old ones that were packaged like the new ones. That's a mean thing to do to someone.

Don't listen to these meanies Dustion_Broke and keep rockin the dinos and never say never!!

GMichael
07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know who Spanky is but you guys are being mean to Dustin_Broke and he seems lick a nice person who is nice. I do think though that the new JBL Control 1Xtreme are tiiny sounding and kind of thin though.

It's good that you were able to refuse the shipment on the old ones that were packaged like the new ones. That's a mean thing to do to someone.

Don't listen to these meanies Dustion_Broke and keep rockin the dinos and never say never!!

You seem like a cat person to me. Do you have a cat? If so, what is her name?

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a cat named Chocolate his a male Himalayan cat. If we are talking about cats. :)

Closer to Siamese though my cat is since the hair is little shorter than persian. Basicly Himalayan cats are a mix of Siamese and persian.

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
But we are kinda getting off topic from the original post I made. I was talking about my JBL speakers and now we are talking about other things. I think this topic is over for now unless it's about the Control 1 series speakers.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
I had a cat named Selina but she got dizzy from staring at my disco ball and fell into my shark tank and drownded. And got eaten. I have a bluntnose sixgill shark because its the closest to the Megalodon which I would buy but there big and my tank isnt that big and they may be extinct anyway.

I reread the threead and realized that Dustin_Broke got his speakers from a regular person like the rest of us and then cancelled the order and the regular person had to pay shipping and handling both ways. So maybe Dustin_Broke isnt as nice as I originally thought.

I hope when he get's the JBL Control 1Xtreme and it sounds tinny and he tries to sell it that somebody bys it and refuses the delivery and it gets sent back to him.

Did any of yo guys get to hear the Shuntaya Venom3 cable to see if I should get them? I want to get them if they will make a big difference in the performance of the Mego 2XL but not if they won't make a big difference. I don't want them to hurt the base.

Which is beter than the JBL Control 1Xtreme.

markw
07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
But we are kinda getting off topic from the original post I made. I was talking about my JBL speakers and now we are talking about other things. I think this topic is over for now unless it's about the Control 1 series speakers.That's not really your decision, Spanky.

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
You seem like a cat person to me. Do you have a cat? If so, what is her name?

What is this, 20 questions?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ltcWcwnPfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Well then I will close this topic if there is nothing to say about the speakers since remember talking about stuff that is off topic is a troll from what I read. I know I always do my best to stay in topic so I know I am not one. But eatherway if this is the end and nothin to talk about the speakers then I will close it. Eatherway guys whatever you think about me I' am not at all trying to be a troll and try to stay off topic or try to get attention anyway. I never knew that there was another meaning for troll I always thought it was about this ugly creature.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I've been trying talk about the JBL Control 1Xtreme and how it sounds tinny and stuff but you keep changing the subject to how you buy stuff and return it or your cats.

Your not very nice Dustin_Broke like I thought you were. My friend pixelthis told me that people here were nice her but they are not =-(

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Well I am saying about others talking about cats and not about speakers. That's why I closed this topic. But if others are going to talk about something else then I will close it again.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I licked the JBL Control 1Xtreme for some things and it was okay but the upper notes were really high and they kindof hurt my ears. The base was muddy so it sounded kindof tinny and muddy. I think its because of the titanium tweeter. The vMothra moniter has androconia drivers which i think are best but I guess I hope that the JBL works for you.

Have you heard the Shunyata Venom3 cable?

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Eatherway I just found out from JBL that The Control 1X, Xtreme, ONE are the same speakers just the name is different. They haven't even changed one bit on them. They wanted to keep the Control 1 speakers current so they just changed the name but are made the same. I talked to JBL tech support supervisor. Also it seems like JBL Pro doesn't care about making the best sound for these Control 1 speakers so that's why even there new JBL Control 1 Pro uses same Polycarbonate tweeters. Titanium-laminate tweeters sound better and cost more JBL said so they decided to use them. JBL pro uses Polycarbonate tweeters since they are chaper and then people can buy soo many of them for there business or restaurants etc.

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I personaly think that the Control 1 speakers are warm and little bright sounding but not tinny but that's because it uses Polycarbonate tweeters and doesn't have a titanium coating on it. I think if it sounds tinny then it's because it has that titanium coating and makes it stiffer. Also all of the Control 1 woofers are the same btw.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I would just refuse the JBL Control 1Xtreme speakers when they come to you even though its unfair to the buyere again and the delivery man and everyone else and get the GDZLA vMothra moniter. Its got androconia drivers which are better than other drivers.

pixelthis
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I licked the JBL Control 1Xtreme for some things and it was okay but the upper notes were really high and they kindof hurt my ears. The base was muddy so it sounded kindof tinny and muddy. I think its because of the titanium tweeter. The vMothra moniter has androconia drivers which i think are best but I guess I hope that the JBL works for you.

Have you heard the Shunyata Venom3 cable?

YOU licked it!!! THAT is too much info.
JBL might have titanium tweeters, which are somewhat harsh.
JBL used to be king, but have passed by the wayside.
WANT a cheap ride to audio nirvana, try AXIOM.
Basically PARADIGMS house brand(like KEYSTONE is
COORS). Sounds quite nice, really.:1:

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Well good news I won an aution for a brand new JBL Control ONE speakers which is the same as the Xtreme. I got it for $98.32 with shipping. Hope fully it will come soon as possible since I really would like to be able to turn my music up and not worry about heat on the receiver like now.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi pixelthis! How are you? Has your lung collapsed recently? Remember the first time that happened? How funny was that?

I bought the Paradime Mini-Moniter once but refused it when it came so I';ve never heard it in the real world but people I know know other people who say good things about them to.

You should here the vMothra moniter! It has really crisp highs but not hurting ones and when the base booms woaw youd think the Tokyo Dome fell down!

Dustin_Broke
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
The JBL Control ONE speakers or Xtreme uses Titanium coated Polycarbonated dome tweeters so it's not pure titanium btw. It's 75% titanium and 25% Polycarbonate. Just to let you guys know.

JBL techs also said to me that the Control 1X, Xtreme, ONE are the same exact same speakers. Before that was the original Control 1 which is the one I have now that is 4 ohms and uses pure Polycarbonated dome tweeters. Woofers have changed at all though. But the Control 1X, Xtreme, ONE does have a Poly coating on the same woofer and that helps so the cones won't wear and tear as fast.

SlumpBuster
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I reread the threead and realized that Dustin_Broke got his speakers from a regular person like the rest of us and then cancelled the order and the regular person had to pay shipping and handling both ways. So maybe Dustin_Broke isnt as nice as I originally thought.

If you think that is bad, then you should see what he'll do to a latex glove if you mail him one.

Dusty Beiber
07-07-2011, 05:35 PM
The JBL Control ONE speakers or Xtreme uses Titanium coated Polycarbonated dome tweeters so it's not pure titanium btw. It's 75% titanium and 25% Polycarbonate. Just to let you guys know.

I'm not sure if the ONEs that I had had the polycarbonate coating applied to the speaker but they sure were tinny sounding. They made my reciever run really hot to so I hope that isn't become a problem for you.

The vMothra moniters have an androconia tweeter which does a good jib like with the echo part on the keyboards of Baby Baby and the low parts on Ludacrises voice don't sound muddy like they did with the JBL Control 1Xtremez.

Robert-The-Rambler
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe if I was high I might actually get a better understanding here. I've been listening to Super Mario Bros remixes while reading this thread seemingly the perfect soundtrack to this movie.

MikeyBC
07-07-2011, 09:51 PM
If you think that is bad, then you should see what he'll do to a latex glove if you mail him one.

Ha ! I though about bringing that little "fedish" up but I don't want to be responsible for opening up that can of worms !:p

Florian
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
26? ....... no way

Woochifer
07-08-2011, 09:01 AM
WANT a cheap ride to audio nirvana, try AXIOM.
Basically PARADIGMS house brand(like KEYSTONE is
COORS). Sounds quite nice, really.:1:

Paradigm's "house brand"? How many Keystones did you pound down to come up with this one?

Axiom and Paradigm are separate companies with completely different distribution and manufacturing models. Just because they're both Canadian speaker companies doesn't mean that they have anything to do with one another, eh?

SlumpBuster
07-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I saw that too. Maybe Pix meant Axiom sources their drivers from Paradigm. I don't know that Axiom does that, it just seemed to be the only thing that could possibly make sense.

JohnMichael
07-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree with the too many Keystones conspiracy theory.

markw
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I saw that too. Maybe Pix meant Axiom sources their drivers from Paradigm. I don't know that Axiom does that, it just seemed to be the only thing that could possibly make sense.Let's get serious, shall we? What, in this thread, has made any sense at all?

bobsticks
07-08-2011, 10:48 AM
26? ....... no way

It's interesting that after months of long silence both you and SVI/Dustin_Broke arrive on the scene at the same time...:biggrin5:

It's good to see you Flo. I hope all is well.

pixelthis
07-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I saw that too. Maybe Pix meant Axiom sources their drivers from Paradigm. I don't know that Axiom does that, it just seemed to be the only thing that could possibly make sense.

COMPARE some of the speakers from axiom and paradigm,
and use your brain for something other than a hatrack.
THIS IS COMMON with a lot of corps, the best example
is the GERMAN car company, thats right, car company singular.
German companies share parts, form factors, you name it.
VOLKSWAGEN had the CORRADO, which later turned up as a MERCEDES HATCH, which even had a supercharger like the Corrado. FORD ESCORT used to be a maza also, ford owned both companies. HAPPENS all the time , companies need a place to send their b stock, so they have a company that obliges.
MARKETING 101, but not commonly talked about.
GM suffered a great deal when people found out that the main difference between a CADDY and a CHEVY were the nameplates.:1:

GMichael
07-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Why AM I having LEX flashbacks?

JohnMichael
07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I think the dual tweeters and dual midrange drivers and different materials than most Paradigm speakers keep me from seeing any similarities.

VOLKSWAGEN had the CORRADO, which later turned up as a MERCEDES HATCH, which even had a supercharger like the Corrado. FORD ESCORT used to be a maza also, ford owned both companies. HAPPENS all the time , companies need a place to send their b stock, so they have a company that obliges.
MARKETING 101, but not commonly talked about.
GM suffered a great deal when people found out that the main difference between a CADDY and a CHEVY were the nameplates.:1:

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2011, 11:39 AM
FORD ESCORT used to be a maza also, ford owned both companies...MARKETING 101, but not commonly talked about.

You know what's really funny? I'm actually taking a Marketing 101 course and we discussed this very thing about two weeks ago... How some Fords and Mazdas were the same cars. Seriously, we really did!

I believe that Ford actually only owns 30% of Mazda though.

GMichael
07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
You know what's really funny? I'm actually taking a Marketing 101 course and we discussed this very thing about two weeks ago... How some Fords and Mazdas were the same cars. Seriously, we really did!

I believe that Ford actually only owns 30% of Mazda though.

My tiny 92 Mazda MX3-GS had the V6 out of the Ford Probes. It was a fast little pocket rocket.

Woochifer
07-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Again, what do visual similarities have to do with the fact that Paradigm and Axiom are completely separate companies? You're the one claiming that Axiom is to Paradigm, as Keystone is to Coors.

Anyone looking up the corporate info on Axiom and Paradigm's websites can see that they are entirely separate companies with nothing to do with one another. Using your oh-so-appropriate beer analogy, it's like claiming that Pabst Blue Ribbon is Budweiser's "house brand" because they're both American beers that come in 12 oz cans.

VOLKSWAGEN had the CORRADO, which later turned up as a MERCEDES HATCH, which even had a supercharger like the Corrado.

Oh brother. Just because two cars use superchargers doesn't mean that they have anything to do with one another. You might as well argue that Buick is a German car because they've used supercharged engines.

FYI, Volkswagen has never had any kind of cross-marketing or engineering arrangement with Daimler-Benz. Why would they, given that VW's luxury brand, Audi, is one of Mercedes' fiercest competitors? The B3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_B_platform) and A2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_A_platform#A2) platforms that underpinned the Corrado were not used for any Mercedes models.

So what Mercedes model is this that you claim is little more than a rebadged Volkswagen? Name, make, and year please.

Woochifer
07-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Why AM I having LEX flashbacks?

Because the meds are wearing off? :cool:

GMichael
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Because the meds are wearing off? :cool:

His or mine?

bobsticks
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
FYI, Volkswagen has never had any kind of cross-marketing or engineering arrangement with Daimler-Benz. Why would they, given that VW's luxury brand, Audi, is one of Mercedes' fiercest competitors? The B3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_B_platform) and A2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_A_platform#A2) platforms that underpinned the Corrado were not used for any Mercedes models. .

He may be thinking of Audi, for whatever that's worth.

SlumpBuster
07-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Pix is on a roll.

Woochifer
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
His or mine?

I was thinking his, but now that I think about it (esp. given this newfound feistiness on your posts) ... :idea:

Woochifer
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Pix is on a roll.

So are you ... greenie gun's firing off a chiclet ... after it gets unstuck! :D

GMichael
07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
So are you ... greenie gun's firing off a chiclet ... after it gets unstuck! :D

I got the shot off at him.

Dusty Beiber
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't know why they aren't talking about the JBL Control 1Xtreme because it sounds tinny and muddy but it should be good in the longrun. If the tweeters were coated with some type of viscous snotty material it might cut down on how tinny and muddy they were buit I sold mine so I don't know for sure.

Has anyone tried the Shunyata Venom3 cables?

I was taught in history class that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor due to American Imperialism. Even though I don't know what that means I can kind of guess kind of and from the meanness of some of the people here I can figure it might be right.

My Volkswagon has a Vizio flatscreen held on by duct tape so I guess it is a real international conspiracy. Go pixelthis!

MikeyBC
07-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I used to own a poodle when I was a kid....his name was Sam.

BallinWithNash
07-09-2011, 02:06 AM
"I think what other posters object to about your posts is you ask for advice, argue about the advice given and then ignore that advice. For the last couple of years you've been asking about what are basically computer speakers. Every time you ask someone suggests saving your money and buying some "real" gear. You never do, although you live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have access to gear on CL. Then you come back two or three months later with questions about more computer speakers. That's why I've stopped responding to your posts." ... very well said!

And I didn't know that if something is made in the same country it makes them the same!?!?! Nice factoid!

Anyways sniper cat!