Transformers III [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Transformers III

atomicAdam
07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I'll admit I didn't have high hopes going in and walked out feeling about the same.

Saw it yesterday with the wifie at the Grand Lake Theater in Oakland. Probably the best looking theater (inside that is) that I know of. Almost more fun to go and just look around than it was to watch Transformers.

Action and special effects of course were extravagant and some of the one liners were good.

But I really just don't understand how it could be that difficult to write a script with some common sense. Is it really that hard? I mean we've been making War movies of years, hell we are in two of them and been in a few of the past. How hard is it to make logically flowing action scene? How hard? I have to say I actually like the dialog parts of this movie more than the action because I was just so dumbfounded by the complete inability of the second half of the movie (where most of the action takes place) to flow.

Anyways - my advice is to watch on Netflix or your home system unless you love the big explosions and somewhat tiring affect of the 3D glasses.

Smokey
07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyways - my advice is to watch on Netflix or your home system unless you love the big explosions and somewhat tiring affect of the 3D glasses.

How about if we don't watch it at all :D

The first Transformers movie was probably all I can handle. It seem some movies are made just for sake of CGI alone and as long as some action is going on screen its all good (like King Kong). But international audiences seem to love this kind of stuff.

all1knew
07-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello all,

Well it just comes down to asking flat-out....

The second one was terrible IMO, so is it worth going to see the third?

William Kramer

atomicAdam
07-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Hello all,

Well it just comes down to asking flat-out....

The second one was terrible IMO, so is it worth going to see the third?

William Kramer

Unless you like draw out and confusing action scenes that no longer seem to be able to top what came before them - than no - it isn't worth it.

all1knew
07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Unless you like draw out and confusing action scenes that no longer seem to be able to top what came before them - than no - it isn't worth it.

all I needed to hear....

I'll wait for a roommate to bring it home from the store.

Bill

L.J.
07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Saw it last night & I agree, the ending could have been a lot better. What a let down.

RGA
07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I liked the first Transformers movie. I grew up when this cartoon was out and I had a bunch of these cool little toys - They were well built and strong enough to stand up to kids playing with them. The cartoon was 1/2 hour advert to buy more of them of course but no big deal.

I enjoyed the movie which had a decent human boy trying to get the girl story. Even Roger Ebert liked it.

But then I read his review of the second movie and never bothered to see the sequel. After reading this you can see why http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

and he gave the third one 1 star as well so I don't know what went wrong. The first one was best when the bots were not talking - I was about to say wooden performances but maybe mechanical or robotic acting doesn't cut it. For any sci-fi to work it generally has to be about the human element first and the sci-fi second.

This is why Doctor Who has enjoyed a good second run. Having a human character in Rose act as the vehicle for the weird aliens it is easier for people to buy in. Star Trek was about the journey of man's exploration and spirit not centrally about the aliens and gizmos. Something Lucas lost after Empire Strikes back.

kobyjd
07-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Saw it. Not as good as the first one, but i really did like it. Lots of action, hot girl, if thats what your looking for go for it