God Help Me I LOVE Billy Ocean!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : God Help Me I LOVE Billy Ocean!!!!

Robert-The-Rambler
07-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Man I recently bought a greatest hits collection at Amazon earlier this year and I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Ocean-Greatest-Hits/dp/B0000004VW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1309746032&sr=8-6

I really bought this collection to have Get Out Of My Dreams Get Into My Car from one of my favorite 80s movies License to Drive but songs like Carribean Queen are great grooves and When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Gets Going from The Jewel of the Nile is a good high energy tune, too. Billy Ocean seems to have a lot of talent displayed in his albums. He has a way of easily sliding into great dance worthly tunes and heartfelt wonders like Suddenly and There'll Be Sad Songs To Make You Cry.

So I always loved Get Out Of My Dreams but I see now that Billy Ocean has a lot more going on than a One Hit Wonder. Check out his Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Ocean

JohnMichael
07-03-2011, 06:30 PM
We all have our guilty pleasures. Enjoy

Robert-The-Rambler
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
We all have our guilty pleasures. Enjoy

I am and I will.

Mr Peabody
07-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I bought the Caribbean Queen CD back in the 80's and still enjoy an occasional spin. What you discovered about Billy Ocean I recently discovered about Rolls Royce. I thought they were a one hit band and found out another good song I liked was by them and picked up the Greatest Hits to learn they had several songs I like.

If you don't have anything by Lionel Richie I really think you will enjoy his music as well, either the Greatest Hits or the album Can't Slow Down, which is a 10. I like every song on Can't Slow Down and it is practically a Greatest Hits. Most of the songs also have videos and made Lionel Richie a MTV regular back when they actually played music videos.

recoveryone
07-04-2011, 08:19 AM
You may be surprised at many so called one hit wonders on the top 40 list, but many R&B groups had many hits that just didn't cross over to main stream listerns. If you like Rolls Royce, let me give you a list of others to listen too:

One Way (Featuring Al Hudson & Alicia Myers)

Shalamar (group members Jodie Watley & Howard Hewitt)

Atlantic Star

Con Funk shun

Maze

Cameo

Prince (Pre Purple Rain)

Teena Marie

Isley Brothers

The S.O.S. Band

Mr Peabody
07-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Recoveryone, I am with you and have Teena and the Isley Brothers already well represented but I will check out the others as well. I've heard of them but not much by them, or should I say that I'm aware of :).

Robert-The-Rambler
07-07-2011, 04:43 AM
I bought the Caribbean Queen CD back in the 80's and still enjoy an occasional spin. What you discovered about Billy Ocean I recently discovered about Rolls Royce. I thought they were a one hit band and found out another good song I liked was by them and picked up the Greatest Hits to learn they had several songs I like.

If you don't have anything by Lionel Richie I really think you will enjoy his music as well, either the Greatest Hits or the album Can't Slow Down, which is a 10. I like every song on Can't Slow Down and it is practically a Greatest Hits. Most of the songs also have videos and made Lionel Richie a MTV regular back when they actually played music videos.

Never heard Rolls Royce so I'll give that a listen. I really want a better hits collection for Lionel Richie because the one I have is real limited and is missing just for starters Dancing on the Ceiling.

The Lionel Richie CD I have is this.

http://www.amazon.com/Truly-Love-Songs-Lionel-Richie/dp/B000001AO6/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1310042531&sr=1-2

Stone
07-07-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry.

skewiff1
07-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I think you mean Rose Royce, Gwen Dickey on vocals, Car Wash being their big hit.

Tony(1st post in forever).

Mr Peabody
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Skewiff, you are correct, thanks.

Robert-The-Rambler
07-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I think you mean Rose Royce, Gwen Dickey on vocals, Car Wash being their big hit.

Tony(1st post in forever).

There was a movie called Car Wash, right? I love that song!!!

Mr Peabody
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
yeah, Car Wash was the one I knew of but they also have great songs like Love Doesn't Live Here Any More.