A maternity question? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A maternity question?

Smokey
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Why most babys are born during night time after dark?

markw
07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Isn't
...during night time after dark? somewhat redundant?

Smokey
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Being dark outside does not always equal night time :)

markw
07-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Being dark outside does not always equal night time :)But being night time does equal dark.

blackraven
07-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Being a physician I was not aware that more babies are born at night but it may be due to the hormonal release of Oxytocin which causes contraction of the uterus. It may be tied in to the circadian rhythm. I have delivered about 50 babies in my career and looking back I guess many were delivered in the evening or at night!

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I have delivered about 50 babies in my career

As a doctor, that must just be an awesome experience.

blackraven
07-03-2011, 02:09 PM
As a doctor, that must just be an awesome experience.

Even though I am specifically trained in emergency medicine and most of those babies were delivered during my Internship years it still remains the most rewarding and happiest thing I have done in my many years in medicine. If it were not for the terrible hours (night time deliveries) I would have gone into OB-GYN.

Smokey
07-03-2011, 08:53 PM
But being night time does equal dark.

Not if you live in South or North Pole :)

Being a physician I was not aware that more babies are born at night but it may be due to the hormonal release of Oyxtocin which causes contraction of the uterus. It may be tied in to the circadian rhythm.

I don't know what those mean, but if it is related to emotions it might be it. The answer I got was from a movie director (rather than doctor) and he said that most babies are born at night because human emotions run higher at night.

The cause "Higher Emotions" sound so much better than Contraction of the Uterus :D

markw
07-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Higher emotions would be a better reason that more babies are conceived at at night, not born at night. A bit of alcohol might have a hand in that, too.

I think the Doc might have a better handle on this than a movie director, don't you?

dingus
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
of my 3, one was mid-morning, one mid-afternoon and one early evening when it was still full daylight.

blackraven
07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
So here's some info on Oxytocin, it appears you can stimulate its release just by cuddling with a women. This may lend some credence as to why more women go into labor at night (if this is actually true). It makes sense though!

http://molly.kalafut.org/misc/oxytocin.html

GMichael
07-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Ever hear about this guy Murphy? I understand that he's made a few laws.

bobsticks
07-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Pozycjonowanie strony internetowej to zabieg majacy na celu wypromowanie witryny na jak najwyzsze miejsce w wynikach wyszukiwania pozycjonowan-ie pl/]pozycjonowanie Oferujemy Panstwu skuteczne pozycjonowanie stron internetowych w wyszukiwarce Google

Hey, that's an awesome contribution!! By the way, take your Polish resort hotel, turn it sideways, shine it up real good and shove it up your candy ass...you and everyone on that IP are banned.

F***tard...

kexodusc
07-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey, that's an awesome contribution!! By the way, take your Polish resort hotel, turn it sideways, shine it up real good and shove it up your candy ass...you and everyone on that IP are banned.

F***tard...

Thou hast surely layethed the smacketh down upon thine enemies.

bobsticks
07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Thou hast surely layethed the smacketh down upon thine enemies.

Indeed. :D

It's good to see you around these parts, Kex. I hope things are better than good for Mrs. Kex and the Fam...

JohnDilk
08-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello to all!

Thanks!

Not sure what that was in the middle but let us have no more of it.