Crazy little setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Crazy little setup

Hyfi
07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Since my Hafler preamp has a ground loop issue and I don't feel like shelling out the cash to fix it right now I left it out of the chain.

I am using a Denon DVD Player direct to my Hafler 9180 and out to the new Polk Monitor 30s with new 16gauge wire. Also using s decent set of Tara labs ICs between DVD and Amp.

The Hafler has two little volume controls on the front for component matching so I an using those with a little White Out in the tiny groove of the adjusters to get them close when turning volume up or down.

The speakers are high up on a shelf above sliding closet doors and right against the wall. Yeah I know how bad it is supposed to be.

I am getting some great music, bass, and power out of this little setup. This is the first time I tried player to amp without a pre and it's quite awesome for cheap components and a quality amp setup.

harley .guy07
07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
sometimes going unconventional can yield good results. I have had good results with similar setups when I was younger and playing around with stuff that I had siting around.