Denon AVR 3805 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon AVR 3805

dkrhovsky
04-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Took delivery of my AVR 3805 four days ago after trying two bad 2803s. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and give the 3805 a try. I'm very glad I did. Fuller,richer sounding than the 2803. I guess the extra 30 watts per channel do make a difference. It is a beautiful well built piece of equipment. I use it for DVD, DVD-A, SACD, and HDTV. It works beautifully for all. I will update further as my experience grows with this receiver. My initial impression is very positive.

NickWH
04-13-2004, 05:42 PM
You stuck with Denon after receiving two bad units in a row? And, you bought a more expensive model to boot! Very interesting...

dkrhovsky
04-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I have owned several pieces of Denon eqipment in the past all of which performed flawlessly. I was convinced that it was a problem specific to the 2803. Had I not had previous experience with Denon I probably would have moved to another brand.

AVMASTER
04-15-2004, 02:59 PM
What do you think of the remote control? While it may be useful to the novice i found it rather "cheap" feeling- filmsy, lightweight; pretty dark too, even after adjusting the brightness. Haven't had a chance to check out the mic calibration but overall the receiver is excellent just give me a Pronto instead of the supplied remote

dkrhovsky
04-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Personally, I like the remote. I don't agree that it has a cheap feel to it. My wife really likes it which makes me believe it is rather simple and intuitive to operate. I give Denon credit for tryng something new and different. I'll need a bit more experience to render my final judgement though. So far I am very pleased with the overall performance of the 3805.