any Tudors fans here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : any Tudors fans here?

winston
06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
well" I just finished watching (Tudor's) season 2 and I have this to say, I had no love for (Annie Boleyn) character Natalie Dormer, in spite of the fact that she's made season 1 worth watching I just couldn't feel the love for her character!!

but I have to tell ya, she rocks me real hard in season 2, IMHO her performance is worth an (Oscar) and just about everyone else that attended the (execution) scene, deserves an award!! those characters were rock solid!! I have never felt so much emotions,empathy,sympathy and love for a movie character. not since (cornbread earl and me) and that was a along time ago.

damn, she's a good actor !! I have season 3 & 4 but I'll be holding off for sometime before I get back to (the lunatic king Henry the V111), as I felt as if the series had ended after Annie Boleyn's execution

any opinion on season two (or) the last two episodes of season two 9 & 10??

Worf101
06-29-2011, 05:11 AM
The only reason I kept Showtime was so that the ole lady could see this orgy of debauchery and murder every week. Mind you I've nothing against either, long as it remains on the screen, but it never sucked me in say like Game of Thrones or The Borgias. I watched the last two seasons or so just to be nice to puddin' and found I liked it more'n I thought. Now I have em all in my Netflix cue. I'll catch up sooner or later.

Worf

recoveryone
06-29-2011, 06:56 AM
I watch the replay of the first 2 seasons on BBC America, and it was very good entertainment.

Feanor
06-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, me for one.

The Tudors was a good series: not nearly as good as Rome, but at least as good as The Borgias, (which is still in progress).

The usual historical liberties are take although none struck me as terribly serious. The acting & directing are all very solid in general, however Jonathan Rhys Meyers is egregiously miscast as Henry VIII. He simply doesn't have the physical and hence charism the historical figure would have had. Henry was very tall, fair-haired, and solidly built and, of course, in middle age, very fat. Henry was also well-educated for a man of his status in his time, and intelligent.

drseid
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I am a fan too. I watched all the seasons when they were on Showtime... I always thought that the show did not get the "love" it deserved. It was no masterpiece, but I really enjoyed it. As far as Dormer and Game of Thrones, I believe she has signed on to play a supporting character in season 3...

---Dave

winston
07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
(EW reports) that Natalie Dormer, is the first hire for the second season of HBO's hit fantasy drama Games of Thrones' and will join the show as a series regular, she's set take on the role of Margaery Tyrell who is pledged to marry Renley Baratheon, late King Robert's brother,

(well y'all get ready for the return of the Queen):wink5:

drseid
07-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, whoops... Meant season two. :-)

Dave