New releases coming in summer/fall? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New releases coming in summer/fall?

Mr MidFi
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I know that Wilco is putting out a new disc this fall (I've heard the single, and it's fun!), and so is Steven Wilson (this one titled Grace for Drowning).

So... what other new and/or notable releases are on the horizon?

Davey
06-24-2011, 12:20 PM
New Brian Eno in about a week and a half. Easily one of the best things I've heard so far this year. Looking forward to the full res release. Posted below over at Rocky Road today too, but I'm not really a shill, just a one time Eno street teamer :)

...I've a feeling it's gonna get a lot of attention. It does have some Kraftwerk sound in parts, along with some electro-jazz and old-style ambient washes of sound. Good mix of music and vocalists, mostly in a spoken-word style giving attention to the poetry/lyrics of Rick Holland. Parts somewhat reminiscent of that great Hector Zazou record (Sahara Blue) from the early 90s that celebrated the words of Arthur Rimbaud. Eno has even taken on a bit of Scott Walker (or Brendan Perry) in his voice lately, though not as operatic (reference last track). Tracklist below with vocalists ...

01 Bless This Space (Brian Eno)
02 Glitch (Grazyna Goworek)
03 Dreambirds (Caroline Wildi)
04 Pour It Out (Laura Spagnuolo)
05 Seedpods (Caroline Wildi)
06 The Real (Elisha Mudly)
07 The Airman (Aylie Cooke)
08 Fierce Aisles Of Light (Brian Eno, Rick Holland, Nick Robertson, Anastasia Afonina)
09 As If Your Eyes Were Partly Closed
10 A Title (Caroline Wildi)
11 Sounds Alien (Aylie Cooke)
12 Dow (Brian Eno)
13 Multimedia (Aylie Cooke)
14 Cloud 4 (Brian Eno)
15 Silence
16 Breath Of Crows (Brian Eno)

I'm clueless to anything else, music or otherwise. Though clued in enough to know it :)

3LB
06-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Bon Iver has a new one coming out called Bon Iver (how lazy is that?)

Yes is dropping a new one on July 1st called Fly From Here. This one features their YouTube find Benoit David on vocals, as well as returning Drama alumni Geoff Downes on keys with Trevor Horn producing. Includes Howe, Squier and White. I've heard it. Reminds me of the better parts of Starcastle. Drama pt-2 it ain't, cuz it don't rock like that album did.

Mr MidFi
06-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Bon Iver has a new one coming out called Bon Iver (how lazy is that?)

Actually... it's out. And it's only $7.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XE0P5E/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0011HF6GE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1W42MCZTQ2W2NYCQJZ9B

Davey
06-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Bon Iver has a new one coming out called Bon Iver (how lazy is that?)Actually... it's out. And it's only $7.99.

Yea, that's a really nice one. Been listening to both old and new Bon Iver quite a bit the last few days.

Slosh
06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Mirror Traffic and Wilco - Get Well Soon Everybody are the only ones I'm aware of that I'm looking forward to.

NP:

Slosh
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Mirror Traffic and Wilco - Get Well Soon Everybody are the only ones I'm aware of that I'm looking forward to.
Well, I got that Wilco album title from metacritic.com. Obviously, they were wrong...

Mr MidFi
06-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Well, I got that Wilco album title from metacritic.com. Obviously, they were wrong...

I think the other title came from Tweedy in an interview a couple weeks ago... he was probably just jerkin' everyone's chain.

It's a release I'm definitely looking forward to, whatever it's called.