Atrio earphones by Future Sonic? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Atrio earphones by Future Sonic?

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Does anyone have any experience with Atrio-pro earphones? My boss can get them for half-price. They're regularly $200. He has a set and loves them, but I'm not sure how discriminating he is when it comes to sound.

Thanks.

Specs (http://www.atrio.me/pages/atrio%C2%AE.html) if anyone wants to see them.

ForeverAutumn
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, I ordered these and they arrived today. Will let you know my thoughts once I've had a chance to break them open and spend some time with them.

ForeverAutumn
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Okay, after a couple of listening sessions and a comparison with my Shure E2cs, I'm digging the Atrios.

The Atrios have some really nice bass that is usually lacking in an earbud. In comparison my Shures are sounding a little bright if you can believe it. Atrio boasts more bass without booming into your ear and damaging your hearing. I believe that's true. The bass is there, but it is somehow subtle in its presence so I don't feel my eardrums vibrating with it. However, with that bass comes a loss at the higher end so that some of the crisp detail of my Shures is lost.

These two earbuds are very different. I can see using my Shures if I'm listening to something like Jazz or instrumental pieces where I want to hear the detail. The Atrios seem like they'd be great for rock...music where I want more mid and low ranges and the small details aren't as important.

These were a great deal at half price for $99. I think I'm going to enjoy them. :)