Marshall Major Headphones... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Major Headphones...

Worf101
06-23-2011, 04:48 AM
For those who might not know, my son "Das Knucklehead" goes through headphones and earbuds like lunch. He steps on the cords, sleeps with em in his ears or on his heads, snatches or snags them on obstructions and shorts out the cables... Why does he do this? Because he's a clueless teenaged boy who's an idiot!!!! A soon to be off to college idiot but an idiot just the same.

For his High School graduation gift I've been desperately trying to find a set of headphone that fulfill the following criteria:

1. Complete or partial noise cancelling
2. Small and portable.
3. Comfortable.
4. Better than earbud sound.
5 Durable.

After much searching and trial and error I think I've found the solution... Marshall Major Headphones. These badboys produced and sold by Marshall (yes THAT Marshall) have survived more'n a month of torture and still work. The key ingredient is that the cord on the Marshall Majors is partially pigtailed. This key feature has kept junior from stepping on or otherwise mangling the essential wires. They're comfortable, sound good (not Sennheiser good but good), seem well made and work. You could do worse.

http://www.marshallheadphones.com/product/major

Worf

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Worf, nice to see that you found the perfect, seemingly indestructible headphones. :)

Worf101
07-05-2011, 06:11 AM
The gullet that destroyeth by day and stupifies by night never ceases to amaze me. Forget my previous post. He ruined his headphones taking them off his head.

Effin' Eeeediot!!!

Worf