Great VINYL reissues at Burning Shed !!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Great VINYL reissues at Burning Shed !!!

Demetrio
06-21-2011, 05:47 AM
For those of you (and specially you prog guys) who also like vinyl, Burning Shed is releasing lots of great titles nowadays, as you can see at this link:

http://www.burningshed.com/store/vinyl/

These are just some titles I have already bought there:

- PORCUPINE TREE - Signify, Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, Recordings, Up the Downstair and Voyage 34

- EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - Tarkus

- MARILLION - Marbles

And these are some on my want list for next purchase:

- JAKSZYK, FRIPP & COLLINS - A Scarcity of Miracles (A King Crimson Projekct)

- MARILLION - Somewhere Else

- DAVID SYLVIAN - Manafon

- SYD BARRETT - An Introduction to Syd Barrett

Regards,
Demetrio.

Davey
06-22-2011, 06:30 AM
DAVID SYLVIAN - Manafon

Unless you're a big fan of his later minimalist leanings, mostly just poetry over sparse, disjointed electronic beeps and blips from a group of highly trained Japanese experimental musicians, be careful with this one. His voice is big and up front, so the "music" is mostly just for background texture. Not one of my favorites. The song "Emily Dickinson" does have some pretty cool avant-garde sax, though most of the song is nearly a cappella :)

Demetrio
06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi, Davey, thanks for the advice.

Regards,
Demetrio.

Jim Clark
06-22-2011, 11:51 AM
For those of you (and specially you prog guys) who also like vinyl, Burning Shed is releasing lots of great titles nowadays, as you can see at this link:

http://www.burningshed.com/store/vinyl/

These are just some titles I have already bought there:

- PORCUPINE TREE - Signify, Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, Recordings, Up the Downstair and Voyage 34

Regards,
Demetrio.

I might just have to bust out Lightbulb Sun again to see if it clicks this time. I know this band was the shiz for all you prog types.

Unleash Hell (remember him?) tried to turn me on to David Sylvian. On paper it looks like a great match but I never really dug that dude either.

It is nice to see big D still spinning all those discs I've never heard of though.

jc

Davey
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi, Davey, thanks for the advice.

Regards,
Demetrio.

Hey, good to see you back around here, Demetrio. You're one of the originals, and one of the reasons I started hanging around. Lots of people listen to music, and lots talk about music, but you really have a passion for music, and a completely open mind. Nice combination!

There's a guy that does some very good vinyl rips at high bit rates, usually from the original vinyl, then converts down to CD quality and makes them available in flac form at his site. He uses a nice straight-line tracker tonearm and the rips generally sound excellent. He's got a couple PT rips available, The Sky Moves Sideways and Signify, both Headspin Records Reissues. His rips often put to shame any available CD issue, especially in modern times when almost all issues are crippled by the loudness wars. PM me if you're interested in a link to his site, though it looks like you already have vinyl of most of the PT stuff.

3LB
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
It might be interesting to hear a Marillion album on vinyl. Their CDs are some of my fave sounding CDs. Iwasn't too crazy about Somewhere Else. Its got a couple of tracks that I love, but some real naff tunes as well. Marbles is one of my all-time fave albums of theirs.