paradigm X-30? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : paradigm X-30?

madmax123
06-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello all, was wondering if i need my x-30 with my yamaha receiver RX-V2400. To control my paradigm servo 15?
My receiver has bass controls? And if i do please explain how to set it up cause im missing the manual, thanks in advance!!

Raj J
06-19-2011, 10:30 PM
get in touch with Paradigm, they will help you out!
they are very helpful and I have owned several speakers from Paradigm in the reference series. I was in touch with their techmnical depart. head quartes in canada. just get the details from their webiste. they will also tell you some other way of perhaps a better connection.
cheers and enjoy the music.
RJ

Feanor
06-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Hello all, was wondering if i need my x-30 with my yamaha receiver RX-V2400. To control my paradigm servo 15?
My receiver has bass controls? And if i do please explain how to set it up cause im missing the manual, thanks in advance!!
You don't need to use the X-30 with the Yamaha; the receiver provides necessary crossover and controls for a subwoofer.

I have an X-30 which I used in a standard stereo setup. The X-30 provides crossover and level controls for subwoofers where neither the receiver/preamp nor the subwoofer have these necessary controls built in. The X-30 also so has the less usual feature of a high-pass filter (with line level output) that you can use to keep the deep bass out of you main speakers, but again, this is redundant with your Yamaha receiver.

Like Raj suggests, it is likely that Paradigm will be able to provide you with a manual or advice.

madmax123
07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys, didnt think I needed to use it.