A Day at the Flea Market... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Day at the Flea Market...

nobody
06-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Spent a lovely Saturday wandering through a flea market and picking up some vinyl along the way...lots of good stuff...

LPs - all in really good shape:

Diana Ross & the Supremes: Reflections
Sly & the Family Stone: Dance to the Music
The Four Seasons: Working My Way Back to You Babe & Gold Vault of Hits
Curits Mayfield: Superfly
The Ink Spots: Self-Titled on red vinyl
a lovely 6 disc box set called The King: Johnny Cash / The Queen: Tammy Wynette
and, my personal favorite of the day, an original mono absolutely mint copy of The Impressions: Keep on Pushing

I think the most I paid for any of 'em was handing over a $5 for the Mayfield and Impressions albums together.

Still, the most fun I have been having with my finds would be thanks to grabbing a random selection of oldies on 45, all for 50 cents each. Here's the list I ended up with:

The Royaltones: Poor Boy/Wail!
Little Richard: Long Tall Salley/Slippin' and Slidin'
Bill Doggett: Honkey Tonk (Part 1)/Honkey Tonk (Part 2) & Ram-Bunk-Shush/Blue Largo
The Coasters: Searchin'/Yong Blood
Johnny Ace: Pledging My Love/No Money & How Can You Be So Mean/Anymore
The Fiestas: So Fine/Last Night I Dreamed
Joe Turner: Corrine Corrina/Boogie Woogie Country Girl
Earnie Freeman: Walking the Beat/Spring Fever
Freddie Bell & the Bellboys: Ding Dong/I Said it and I'm Glad
Elvis Presley: Money Honey/One Sided Love Affair

They're not all in the greatest shape, hell one of 'em are in great shape. But it's just a good time hanging out and playing this stuff. Especially nice was after listening while barbequing for Father's Day and hearing how that was some good music playing, I could toss a 60 minute cassette I had filled pretty much exactly with all those to my dad for car listening. Working on getting them transferred digitally and will post soon-ish.

Jim Clark
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
I have not gone vinyl scrounging for the longest time. Makes me sick to think of all the discs I've let go to the great unwashed masses around here. I'm jealous.

jc