RIP Clarence Clemons - The Big Man in the E Street Band [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Clarence Clemons - The Big Man in the E Street Band

Woochifer
06-18-2011, 08:21 PM
The Big Man was only 69 years old and still a very active player. Apparently, he suffered a massive stroke last week, and never recovered. Long time member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, and by far the most beloved member of Bruce's ensemble. He's now the second E Street Band member to pass away (organist/glock player Danny Federici died from cancer in 2008). Bruce's live shows, where Clemons was a huge presence, will never be the same.

For me personally, this is very sad news because his distinctive tenor notes accompanied many an adventure over the years. Saw him perform with the E Street Band a few times, and he really was the Big Man in every sense of the word.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/06/18/national/a185406D04.DTL

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CYHGh6lmSbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rae
06-18-2011, 10:51 PM
No doubt. Glad I got to see the E Street Band a couple of times while he was still dominating the stage. RIP Big Man.

~Rae

winston
06-19-2011, 02:56 AM
[QUOTE=Woochifer;362635]The Big Man was only 69 years old and still a very active player. Apparently, he suffered a massive stroke last week, and never recovered. Long time member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, and by far the most beloved member of Bruce's ensemble. He's now the second E Street Band member to pass away (organist/glock player Danny Federici died from cancer in 2008). Bruce's live shows, where Clemons was a huge presence, will never be the same.

For me personally, this is very sad news because his distinctive tenor notes accompanied many an adventure over the years. Saw him perform with the E Street Band a few times, and he really was the Big Man in every sense of the word.QUOTE]

yes, he was (The Big Man) for sure, he's been with the Boss since 1972 around when the East Street band was formed.

he will be remembered as one of the best rock Saxophonist. may he R.I.P

thekid
06-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Very sad news.
He was a great sax player and a irreplaceable part of the band.

Mr MidFi
06-20-2011, 06:18 AM
A very tough one for me as well, Wooch. I've been a fan since 1975, and had the pleasure of seeing the E-Street Band perform 3 times. He was one of the most unique and distinctive players in rock history, and his solo on "Jungleland" easily makes my top 10 greatest-moments-in-music list.

There is, literally and figuratively, no one who can fill his shoes. RIP, big man...