Breathing more air into my Onkyo [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Breathing more air into my Onkyo

Bose Addict
06-18-2011, 03:01 PM
OK, still have my good old reliable Onkyo TX SV515Pro receiver, and now that I'm broke and "starting over", I'm looking to get things moving again. My living room is small, so this baby should get me by till I can save some actual pennies.

Did I dream that I read about a method to cable a subwoofer into this receiver? I was convinced that could be done. Obviously, there's not a port provided.

Ideas ?

Mr Peabody
06-18-2011, 04:57 PM
It would seem the easiest thing to do would be to get a sub that will still allow speaker wire connections. That way you can just run the sub off the "B" speaker terminals if your receiver has a set or run the sub from the same terminals as the speakers.

BadAssJazz
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Yep, it sounds like you have no other option except to use a speaker level sub setup. Line level is preferred, though.

Curious to know your build strategy. What do you already have? What do you need? What kind of rig do you have in mind?

pixelthis
06-25-2011, 08:05 PM
keep reading about this on this site.
YOU HAVE a receiver with no accommodation for a sub, and you
are thinking about buying a sub! Like the guy with bad brakes on his car buying a 2,000 set of "dubs".
YOU NEED to sit down, lay out an update path, prioritize needs,
and take care of the most important ones first.
I would start out with a receiver, since you are broke just get a
low line model. DECIDE if you want HT or just stereo.
YOU CAN GET a new one cheap for around 300 bucks, just something to get you by.
THEN start adding speakers. You have some? good.
THEN start thinking about a "sub". But first I would buy something to plug a sub into:1: