I guess Metallica IS having beers with Lou Reed [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I guess Metallica IS having beers with Lou Reed

Rae
06-16-2011, 06:31 AM
This has got to be one of the stranger collaborations I've heard about in recent memory... (http://www.metallica.com/news/20110615_news.asp)

~Rae

nobody
06-16-2011, 06:40 AM
That is truly a strange one. Never been a Metallica fan, but I'll be curious to hear this.

atomicAdam
06-16-2011, 08:39 AM
I was listening to Ride the Lightning on the way into work today - kind of odd now to read this.

Strange combination - wonder how on earth it would sound.

Mr Peabody
06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Strange indeed, but some would say Metallica needs some help, from some one, these days.

unleasHell
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I saw that photo of Lou that was with this article..

To say he hasn't aged well would be an understatement...

bobsticks
06-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I saw that photo of Lou that was with this article..

To say he hasn't aged well would be an understatement...

Kinda like Swish.

Swish
06-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Kinda like Swish.

I've been told that I don't look a day over 52.

bobsticks
06-20-2011, 07:10 AM
:biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5:

How you doin' there, Old Sport? Anything interesting spinning? Smoked any interesting stogies or swilled any heady brews? Inquiring minds want to know....

That was a cheap shot...you're fossilizing well...looking good, looking good...not a day over dead.

Swish
06-20-2011, 08:27 AM
:biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5:

How you doin' there, Old Sport? Anything interesting spinning? Smoked any interesting stogies or swilled any heady brews? Inquiring minds want to know....

That was a cheap shot...you're fossilizing well...looking good, looking good...not a day over dead.

Just too freakin' busy to get into anything new. Was at a brew fest Saturday and had a bunch of great beers. Stone from Cali was there and their Smoked Porter was really good, ditto Yards Extra Special Ale, but my fave was Ithaca Beer Co.'s 'Flower Power IPA'. I'll be buying a case of that stuff very soon.

Not a day over dead? You truly flatter me sir. :ciappa::ciappa:

3LB
06-20-2011, 11:19 AM
and I thought the Pearl Jam/ Neil Young collaboration was weird. That one turned out OK, but then again, I still had at least a passing interest in both. I can wait to hear what this sounds like.