Saga ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Saga ?

MasterCylinder
06-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Anyone (FA?) familiar with this prog band ?
Sorry if I missed any previous discussion but Amazon just sent me an e-mail pushing their new release called TRUST.

Track Listings
1. That's As Far As I'll Go 4:36
2. Back To The Shadows 5:16
3. I'm OK 5:36
4. Time To Play 3:31
5. My Friend 3:19
6. Trust 5:44
7. It's Your Life 4:10
8. Footsteps In The Hall 3:25
9. Ice In The Rain 5:01
10. You Were Right 4:05
11. On The Other Side 4:56

Luvin Da Blues
06-13-2011, 07:38 AM
If there ever was a 'Pop" Prog Band, this would be it.

Not much to see here folks, move along. LOL

ForeverAutumn
06-13-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm familiar with their older material. They were big in Canada when I was in high school. But their biggest success was found in Europe, not in North America. I've kept tabs on them throughout the years. The keyboard player, Jim Gilmour, was a friend of my brother (the other brother) in high school and is a Facebook friend of mine. Nice guy. I've been hearing about the recording sessions from Jim's FB posts.

Michael Sadler, their lead singer and a very unique vocalist, left the band a few years ago. However, they announced his return earlier this year, so I think this new album is with Sadler on vocals.

That's about as much as I know about them. I had some of their disks on vinyl back in the day, but all I have of them now is a 'best of' CD.

We saw them live about 15 or so years ago at a downtown club. They put on a great show. The drummer actually broke one of his skins. So the rest of the band grabbed a couple of accoustic guitars and put on an impromptu accoustic set while he fixed it. It was very cool.

How's the new disk? Any good?