Joplin Tornado survivors [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joplin Tornado survivors

harley .guy07
05-27-2011, 12:40 AM
I am from Joplin Mo. that is my home town. I went back monday morning after the tornado and it was like a atomic bomb hit there. I would just like to thank all the people that helped and to honer all that died in this terrible tragedy. All of my family are ok and my girlfriends but I had friends and family friends die in this terrible event. to see it was something I will remember for the rest of my life. My Girlfriends rental house was destroyed down to ruble and her son was living in it at the time and he barely made it by him and his friends hiding under the crawl space of the house. When they got out of the crawl space everything was gone. I have friends in the hospital wounded by this terrible event. This thing was an EF5 tornado which ravaged this town and made it look like an atomic bomb landed on it. I wouldn't want anyone to see what I seen there. The dead bodies, The injured people and the people that had missing loved ones or friends that were no were to be found. This is a life changing event for the people in Joplin Mo. and these people came together to help and heal on another. I would hope that all of use in a case like this would be so helpful and give our love and time to help people in that kind of time of need. It makes me remind myself of how lucky I am to have my life and it also makes me think of how trivial things like computers and audio systems are when people are going through this kind of pain. I wrote this not of being angry but of being of new knowledge of how people can help each other out of their personal anguish and help each other. It just makes me glad to have what I have and to encourage others to be grateful for who they are and what they have, because it can be taken from you in an instant.

thekid
05-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Thank you for the perspective.
Hope all goes well for you and your relatives as you all continue to recover from this tragic event.

Feanor
05-27-2011, 03:36 AM
My sympathy and encouragement to the people of Joplin. A horrible tragedy, but your words cause me to believe that you will all pull together to restore all that can be restored.

ForeverAutumn
05-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Wow, Harleyguy, I had no idea that anyone here was from Joplin. I'm so sorry for your, your family's, and your friends' losses. Mother Nature can be very cruel. But from your comments and what I've seen on the news, I have no doubt that the people of Joplin are strong enough to overcome this.

dean_martin
05-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Thank you for sharing and for letting us know you're ok.