Fantastic news! The Tea Party has rebanded! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic news! The Tea Party has rebanded!

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2011, 06:15 AM
No, not the political Tea Party. The Canadian band, The Tea Party!

As one my favourite bands, I was very disappointed when they abruptly broke up in 2005 shortly after the release of their Seven Circles album, which I considered their best. Their singer, Jeff Martin, left the band to try his hand at a solo career...which failed.

They've announced a small summer tour of only seven dates (so far). I'm really hoping that this blossoms into a full-fledged revival of the band and a new album.

That would be awesome! :thumbsup:

GMichael
05-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I'd rather have coffee.;)

Swish
05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
...the Feelies and Guided By Voices. Make that not even close to the excitement surrounding the reunion of those two bands. :p

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2011, 08:22 AM
...the Feelies and Guided By Voices. Make that not even close to the excitement surrounding the reunion of those two bands. :p

Well I guess that depends on your perspective. For me, the reunion of this band is very exciting. It's like all my birthday wishes came true! So don't try to rain on my parade Mr. Cloudy.

jonnyhambone
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
I would imagine their website began getting a lot of hits in the past year and they thought they'd better capitalize on their new found popularity. Probably wouldn't work so well this side of the border...

JohnMichael
05-26-2011, 09:24 AM
FA I will be excited for you and feel free to take Sarah Palin and Michele Bachman as backup singers.

poppachubby
05-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Love the Tea Party, great news.

ForeverAutumn
05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Love the Tea Party, great news.

We'll be at the Toronto show if you'd care to join us. :)

GMichael
05-27-2011, 06:01 AM
We'll be at the Toronto show if you'd care to join us. :)

I'm sure that you'll have a great time. Enjoy the show.

Take notes for the rest of us.

(I'd still rather have coffee)

kexodusc
05-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Awesome. they were putting out some great stuff before three end and their live shows are killer!,

bobsticks
05-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey Kex,

Good to read you. How's life with the little ones?

ForeverAutumn
05-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Awesome. they were putting out some great stuff before three end and their live shows are killer!,

Nice to see you here kexodad. :)

I'm excited to see them (just bought our tickets!) but I don't know where this is going to go. Apparently Jeff Martin lives in Australia now.

GMichael
05-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Hey Kexopop,

How goes the daddy gig? Do we get any pics?

kexodusc
05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi guys, I won't lie, it's been as tough as every parent of twins we met warned us and then some. Mostly just from getting so little sleep for so long. But we're having lots of fun and wouldn't trade it for the world. Pics when I get home later.

FA, I'm sure a few years of reduced incomes and old spending habits would give the band new appreciation for what they can do. They'll make it work if they want to.

ForeverAutumn
07-22-2011, 05:41 AM
I took in The Tea Party show in Toronto last night and the boys just rocked the place! It was an awesome show. My only complaint was that there was only one tune from Seven Circles (my favourite TTP disk). They stuck to a lot of older tunes, but I suspect that they were sticking to the songs they knew well considering that they haven't played together for six or seven years. And, I don't think, they ever toured for Seven Circles. Having said that, they were very tight for a band that hasn't played together for that long. It looked like they did their homework and spent some time rehearsing before touring.

So, the good news is that Jeff Martin made a point of saying that The Tea Party is back and that they aren't going anywhere. It sounds like this wasn't just a summer gig but a full out reunion! I really hoping that there's a new album in the future! I was crushed when the band broke up. I am so stoked about this reunion! I even bought a T-shirt which is something that I don't normally do.

I was going to buy a t-shirt for Swish, I thought that he'd appreciate a shirt that had The Tea Party printed all over it. :lol:. But I decided to buy a round of drinks instead.

kexodusc
07-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Awesome news FA. And good call on the drinks.

Doesn't Jeff Martin have a new CD out?

ForeverAutumn
07-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Doesn't Jeff Martin have a new CD out?

Yes. I've heard good things about it. But I didn't like his first solo CD so I'm not rushing out to buy it. I'll hold out for a new Tea Party disk. :D

Apparently, he also just became an Australian citizen. But I guess with today's technology you don't have to live in the same part of the world to work together.

Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
07-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Always liked these guys. Saw them once in a small venue...very intimate, Jeff had everyone sit down for a few mellow tunes. When we stood back up the Tea Party rocked the place!
A memorable night.