The Dude has an album out. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Dude has an album out.

jrhymeammo
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I gotta a notification from Blue Note.
Would you guys get this?

Jeff Bridges - Self-Titled - Available August 16, 2011
Jeff Bridges
An Oscar-winner for his portrayal of a grizzled former country music legend in the 2009 film Crazy Heart, actor, songwriter, and musician Jeff Bridges will release his self-titled major-label debut album on August 16th, 2011, on Blue Note Records. The album is being produced by Bridges' Crazy Heart collaborator, the multiple-Grammy Award-winning songwriter, musician, and producer T Bone Burnett. Recorded in Los Angeles and Brooklyn, NY, Jeff Bridges features material by a host of world-class songwriters, including Burnett's Crazy Heart collaborators the late Stephen Bruton ("What A Little Bit of Love Can Do," "Nothing Yet") and John Goodwin ("Maybe I Missed The Point," "Everything But Love," "The Quest"), Greg Brown ("Blue Car"), and Bo Ramsay ("Either Way").

http://www.capitolrecords.net/bluenote/jeffbridges_20110425.jpg

The album also features several of Bridges' own compositions, including "Falling Short," "Tumbling Vine," I Will Wait" (which he wrote with Burnett and John Goodwin) and "Slow Boat" (which he wrote with Burnett and Thomas Cobb). To perform the songs, Burnett assembled a number of his key repertory players, including keyboardist Keefus Ciancia, guitarist Marc Ribot, bassist Dennis Crouch, pedal-steel guitarist Russ Pahl, and drummer Jay Bellerose, as well as guest vocalists Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips, and Benji Hughes.

The tracklisting for Jeff Bridges is as follows:
"What A Little Bit Of Love Can Do"
"I Will Wait"
"Falling Short"
"Maybe I Missed The Point"
"Tumbling Vine"
"Nothing Yet"
"Blue Car"
"Slow Boat"
"Either Way"
"Everything But Love"
"The Quest"

bobsticks
05-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Blue Note and Bo Ramsey are compelling sell points...but it's hard to take recommendations from a character who bought the extended 12 minute dance remix of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=fvwrel)...